• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How accurate are the measurements on the Kapital website in your guys' experience? Are they pretty consistent with sizing for individual items?

I've looked up measurements for a particular item on 4 different websites and there is a big difference, 1" shoulder to shoulder and 1.5" pit to pit.

Or if I'm 6'1" 175 lbs and wear a large in most brands would I generally be a 3 in Kapital shirts? Thanks.

d4nimal

Reaction score
How accurate are the measurements on the Kapital website in your guys' experience? Are they pretty consistent with sizing for individual items?

I've looked up measurements for a particular item on 4 different websites and there is a big difference, 1" shoulder to shoulder and 1.5" pit to pit.

Or if I'm 6'1" 175 lbs and wear a large in most brands would I generally be a 3 in Kapital shirts? Thanks.
That is a pretty big difference. FWIW I've not found Kapital to be all that consistent in sizing from item to another item. I'm 5'11" 143 lbs w/ a 37" chest and typically wear a 2 in most Japanese brands. Years ago I bought a Kapital denim peacoat that I had to size up to 4, but otherwise I'm mostly a 2 in Kapital. Their stuff tends to run on the slouchier side anyway - much of it's not meant to be worn slim. If it's something with that aesthetic, I'd err on the larger side if you're on the fence.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the late 80's there was a great outcry against Ralph Lauren when he was sending his female models down the runway in a mix of denim, white cotton and vintage early American quilts cut up and remade into vests, skirts and jackets. The feeling was that he was ruining American historical items by making a quilt into apparel.

XWT

Reaction score
Does anyone own/wear a Kakashi jacket?

I'm enjoying the look and thinking of picking up the denim one for spring/summer. Since I never worn a jacket of this type, I would have liked to have input regarding sizing.

maregmareg

Reaction score

I'm enjoying the look and thinking of picking up the denim one for spring/summer. Since I never worn a jacket of this type, I would have liked to have input regarding sizing.
You mean this kimono-like shirt? I'm 6'0 and got size 3, fit nicely. Got it in light indigo denim fabric, quite lightweight, very versatile.

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Reaction score
You mean this kimono-like shirt? I'm 6'0 and got size 3, fit nicely. Got it in light indigo denim fabric, quite lightweight, very versatile.
Yep, this exact item.

I'm 5'10'' with a 40 inch chest and I wondered if size 3 or 4 would fit me best.

XWT

Reaction score
Thanks. I think size 3 would work best for me, given those informations.

supermang

Reaction score

I have the beach fleece version in a 3 and I love it. Wear it all the time as a casual throw on. I'm 5'10" and have a 38.5" chest, there is def more room to spare

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to the Kyoto Kapital store last week while on vacation. All the people who work there seem to be in head to toe Kapital, and the store has all sorts of jackets. My friends were like "what is this how do you wear this." Bought some socks (like $15 a pair if you're in Japan) and almost bought a banana bandana graphic tee. Also cool that the basic denim is like $120. the boro stuff is still $$$$ in Japan. Looks great though.

The socks are cotton (possibly a cotton blend? Packaging didn't say but Unionmade says their kapital socks are a "cotton blend".) thick and textural.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.