1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Nov 10, 2015.

1. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

Seems like Kapital released a Kakashi version of the Tsugihagi.

It's shorter than the Kesa version. Which is making me consider my Kesa and buying the Kakashi instead. Decisions....

2. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

I'm serious. If you ever want a bandana design or an enamel mug design hit me up. Been one of my dreams to get my hands on an enamel mug I designed!

While the kakashi is cool, the kesa is way cooler. I have the ainu kesa which is even bigger and longer than the tsugihagi one and I love it. The overflowing size is part of the charm!

3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Distinguished Member

Little can you tell from this pic but there's a pocket zipper going around the entire back. Super gay. Oh well, shows you even Kapital can fuck up a simple interpretation of the glissade jacket.

4. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Add my personal on insta - i'm a sign painter, illustrator, designer, etc. when I'm not talking about clothes in-store or online, ha. could be fun to collab.

@_chaserbrown

5. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

6. g transistor

Most of it was okay. Kapital gets too wacky for me sometimes but man is this thing amazing.

Also crazy that the smiley watch is $650 cuz of ASAP Rocky wearing it. I passed on so many of those a few years back. You could get em for like $100 easily. I ended up getting one of the regular navy Kapital watches (same as smiley but with a regular watch face) but ended up losing it.
    Shoulda invested in smiley watches

9F2FB414-CBAC-4E9A-B47B-674273472EC1.jpeg

7. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

other kapital, probably. you might want to have a bold look to the outfit so they don't just look goofy. you know, some sort of pocketman or weird japanese street style type thing. personal preference would be to avoid other green. with all that said, eh, I'm not really into 'em.

re: archive sale, good ring coat pricing, weird pricing on some things though: that bandana t shirt should not be 350 or whatever it is. dog it's a t shirt.

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

350 for that t-shirt is crazy, but .... i saw an SA at cotton sheep wearing a navy version of that shirt and it looked really good. he was like level 89 on the kapital journey though and had the look down. i think he layered it over other stuff, but it was such a tangled mess of goodness that i couldn't really make out everything

a lot of that archive sale is too wild for me, but im like a kapital paladin, just jeans and ring coats and chunky sweaters. agree with @g transistor though that the stag painted ring coat in there was prob the best item.

9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

i've got the navy one too but i've never thought of layering it over other stuff. hmm hmm

10. g transistor

That's the cool thing about Kapital — you can go super wacky, slightly wild, or it can be toned down. And just so good how young people look great in it while also seeing how older people look good in it too.

And come on even John Mayer looks great in it (he regularly looks awful in Visvim)

11. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior Member

I waffled on getting a smiley watch ever since the first time @g transistor posted about Kapital watches, saw them disappear abruptly from the web store at some point, realized ASAP had worn one and prices/stock had gotten crazy, and promptly bought one (at a Tokyo Kapital). Still wish I’d grabbed a yellow one when the web store had them in stock.

The worry is that Kapital as a whole will become the next Visvim or whatever other brand made inaccessible by celeb hype.

12. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Distinguished Member

kapital is a lot harder to wear than visvim though. i mean i guess you can sorta get a tee or jeans..

but a recognizable "kapital" look is pretty hardcore to me - you really do come pretty close to looking like a very expensive hobo.

Also the hypebeasts will move on to a new thing soon enough.. Just like they did with needles trackpants..

13. g transistor

Doubtful that Kapital will get to the level of Visvim. @penanceroyaltea is right that Kapital is much harder to wear. You can wear one or two pieces (like Pharell has done) but most of their stuff is just so dang wacky

Visvim was popular before John Mayer was wearing all Vis. FBTs were a craze.

14. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior Member

Thanks to Kanye? I think (and hope) y’all are generally right about Kapital though.[/user]

15. Kangdh57

Kangdh57 Member

Hey guys. I need help sizing for a ring coat in khaki cotton before getting one shipped from japan.

I'm asian at 5'8 (175cm) and 165lbs (75kg). I'm not huge, but I'm not skinny either and have a somewhat athletic build. Usually a size M for fitted and L for looser fit in mall stuff.

Any input on what size I need on this coat? I've gotten advice to just measure sleeve length only or to just get a size 3 to go oversized and adjust with the drawstrings for that comfortable look.

Leaning towards a size 2 or 3. Any input on what sizing I should go with?

Also, anyone with experience on price from zenmarket to Canada?

Thanks in advance.