1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Nov 10, 2015.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Not by Kapital, but two cool coats that look like they'd work with Kapital. And super affordable (as far as this sort of design goes).

They're actually made for women, but there's no button closure to indicate gender and the larger size seems like it could work for a man.

Only problem is that they have a somewhat unflexible return policy and will on take returns for store credit.

https://twonewyork.com/collections/...antha-jacket-in-indigo?variant=12446941872227

https://twonewyork.com/collections/featured/products/kantha-jacket-in-grey-wash

kanthabluejacket2_1024x1024.jpg
    kanthabluejacket3_1024x1024.jpg

kanthagreyjacket2_1024x1024.jpg

grey1_1024x1024.jpg

2. cashchie

cashchie Active Member

First one is really cool.

3. dieworkwear

This shop carries the same fabric, but the jackets look distinctly feminine.

https://pavosf.com/collections/apparel

Hm, maybe the cut wouldn't work for a man. The Pavo one looks like it has an extreme drop on the back balance, which is unusual in men's clothing. The one at Two NYC looks like it's scooped from the along the side, which is also unusual for men. Two looks easier to wear, but rides the line on gender.

If the hem were straight, this would probably be easier for a guy to wear.

4. dieworkwear

Coming in looking like a beni ourain rug!!

honestly i want one

tumblr_pk2qb68LBL1tdms17o1_1280.jpg

5. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior Member

where is that product shot from?

6. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

Pancho and Lefty

7. pgrim91

pgrim91 Member

So, uh, anyone on here trying to get a fukubukuro from Kapital this year? As i understand it, you've got to either a.) know someone in Japan, or b.) wait until they pop up on Yahoo japan. Is bandana almanac still a thing and offering to proxy them? I've noticed the blog has slowed down.

8. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

A while back, Jon mentioned in an Instagram story that he'd only take proxy orders for those who have done them in the past.

9. mattw

mattw Well-Known Member

Recently acquired a Ring Coat in wool.

Any tips on how to get the hood gracefully into fully rolled mode?

10. dieworkwear

I was at Cotton Sheep yesterday. For those in the Bay Area who haven't been to Cotton Sheep, it's very much worth a visit. Somewhat out of the way in Hayes Valley, but surrounded by some other cool shops (notably Reliquary, one of my favorite shops in San Francisco) and tasty restaurants.

Anyway, they had this Kapital ring coat made from the same featherweight, quilted liner material than you'd find in American military jackets. It buttons into a ring coat, but I actually think it looks pretty cool worn on its own. Comes in tan and olive

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

It's a little shorter than your standard ring coat since it's supposed to actually fit inside one, but it looks pretty great either worn open or tied at the front using those little straps. Somehow manages to be weirder than the actual ring coat, but has a nice vibe that almost straddles military workwear and space-age suits. Quilted construction, cool shawl collar-esque roll, bit of fullness when tied, and satin-y nylon finish that makes you feel like you're a spaceman.

Kind of expensive for a liner ($600 ish), but pretty neat.

Also, the SA at the shop told me that Hiro's sister doesn't in fact live in Berkeley. Maybe Todd was mistaken? Supposedly Hiro's sister lives in Japan, at least most of the time.

Some other Cotton Sheep things, a crazy pair of pants that I think is part of their house line:

Sashiko stitched long-sleeved tees. Saw these in the store and thought they were pretty nice. I have a patchwork version of the same shirt

And for those who haven't seen, a post about Cotton Sheep over at A Fine Tooth Comb

http://afine-toothcomb.blogspot.com/2017/12/flipping-through-kapital-lookbooks-at.html

IMG_9974.jpg

11. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Cotton Sheep is an excellent eclectic store. I'm going to have to track down that long sleeved stitched navy shirt. The SA's trousers are quite a statement...fun!

12. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Distinguished Member

That liner ring jacket looks like a cropped robe boxers wear to the ring (lol not even a pun)

13. dieworkwear

That's a good description! Thinking about it now, they do look like that when worn, especially with the prominent hood.

14. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

If anyone sees this pop up anywhere or has one to sell, please please please let me know because I really really really want it!!! I love Kapital bandanas. I bought one and I use it as a neckerchief or to tie my hair when it's up. They're so soft and I love the designs. I have 3 now but this one is my favorite and I cannot find it anywhere!

upload_2F1415849253442-zs3x4tssg4m-84f9381af4806ef36f7cc420617e1457_2F.jpg