• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same experience as above. Do keep in mind there is a 2-3 day delay for zenmarket to buy the item

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve used Zen market several items now both Kapital and other Japanese brands that get crazy markups in the US. Really simple and pretty quick turnaround overall.

ikaika122

Reaction score
I have just received a size 3 gold cotton Ring coat from Zen market. After trying it on, I think I might be better off with a 2. Any chance someone with a 2 is looking for a 3? I would rather not sell and then reorder from Japan if that can be avoided.

effang

Reaction score
thanks for all the helpful advice on the ring coat - going to try my hand using a proxy. just a few remaining questions:

https://www.kapital-webshop.jp/cate...=2&SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=100&category_cd=M_COAT

when i translate this into english, there's some interesting translations.

Post-dyed wig hair raising ring coat - what is that? napped cotton? how is this different from moleskin?
Post-dyeing compact Gaboring coat - i assume this is gabardine cotton

i would prefer a version that doesn't fade as much - would moleskin cotton be the choice then (i don't want wool).

thanks!

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
zooming in on the close up shots on the "wig hair" translation one looks like gabardine:
EK128EK300EK384EK446_4.jpg

whereas the "gaboring" looks like this
EK328_5.jpg

I think the color choices on the former are better. I have what I'm pretty sure is the former; it's a soft but durable cotton.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks for all the helpful advice on the ring coat - going to try my hand using a proxy. just a few remaining questions:

https://www.kapital-webshop.jp/cate...=2&SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=100&category_cd=M_COAT

when i translate this into english, there's some interesting translations.

Post-dyed wig hair raising ring coat - what is that? napped cotton? how is this different from moleskin?
Post-dyeing compact Gaboring coat - i assume this is gabardine cotton

i would prefer a version that doesn't fade as much - would moleskin cotton be the choice then (i don't want wool).

thanks!

They use so many different fabrics, and Google Translate is so piss poor at translating East Asian languages, I think you're better off trying to find someone who can proxy for you, but also ask questions at the store (or send emails on your behalf).

All gabardine really means is twill. That doesn't mean much for how the color stays on the yarns -- they could be dyed in a way that makes the fade quickly or slowly. Also doesn't tell you much about how the fabric feels in hand, maybe it's been brushed or washed or whatever.

This could be one of the benefits of buying from a local stockist (in the US, that'd be Blue in Green, Unionmade, Standard & Strange, and Independence). Cause then they can answer these questions for you. But I don't know how much you can infer from Google Translate and photos.

Agree with GHD though that the tan one looks a lot easier to wear than the bright blue.

Very broadly speaking, cotton fades more easily than wool. But certain colors and yarns of cotton fade more easily than other cotton yarns. If you're worried about patchy fades, go with a lighter color. Synthetic dyes will also hold their color better than something like a natural indigo.

supermang

Reaction score
upload_2018-10-9_11-12-23.png

LA Kapital heads check this out. Meet and greet Kiro-san and Eric this Sunday

Austo

Reaction score
^ rad, I'm gonna attempt to swing by if I can

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just saw these on IG:

anyone know who’s stocking? and what’s sizing like?

planetarium

Reaction score

kapital boots are pretty rare outside japan
the sizing is frustratingly numbered 0-5 and is usually lasted at a narrower than average D width

footwear is the only thing i don't own from Kapital cause it contradicts their mobility/variable sizing theme

supermang

Reaction score
just saw these on IG:

I'd recommend just waiting a little bit until they go up on the website then copping via Zenmarket.

As far as sizing goes, there is definitely variability between the Kapital zip boots as there are a few different lasts. For reference my suede zips are size 3 and they equate to US 9 exactly. Best to reach out to Jon at bandanna almanac for tips on sizing this one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads