• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

zer0tails

Reaction score
Is he no longer taking reservations on it? It's how I got mine. You do have to pay just about all of it at once as a deposit, however.

Or, you can set an e-mail notification on the Kesa cardigan's page to inform you when it'll be back in stock.

He didn't mention anything about reservations and I didn't know that he took them. I'll message him about it.

Thanks

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He didn't mention anything about reservations and I didn't know that he took them. I'll message him about it.

Thanks

Perhaps he's no longer doing reservations on them, if he didn't offer to. It doesn't hurt to ask, of course.

If he is, keep in mind that you have to pay for it upfront as a deposit via PayPal, and then you pay the proxy fee once he has it in his possession. So make sure you have the funds on hand if you're serious and ready to proceed.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Bandana Almanac only proxy for KAPITAL or does he do other Japanese brands as well?

Reaction score
A couple recent pickups! Loving this floral chore coat . So stoked that it fits cause I have gotten beaned on Kapital items purchased off yahoo japan before ;)
kapital coat 1.jpg
kapital 2.jpg
kapital 34.jpg

kapital coat 1.jpg

kapital coat 1.jpg

jdniii

Reaction score

Thanks
Please let me know if he is. Thanks for sharing the good news about next season.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A note for anyone who ever finds themselves in Kobe, the Kapital store there has a large 'outlet' room, that has samples, B-grade and just surplus stuff at varying levels of discount. On this occasion, some of the samples were really interesting but just not in my size and most of the other stuff, although a lot of it nominally unisex, was on the more feminine end of Kapital's output. You should check it out if you're ever in the Kansai area...

jdniii

Reaction score
A note for anyone who ever finds themselves in Kobe, the Kapital store there has a large 'outlet' room, that has samples, B-grade and just surplus stuff at varying levels of discount. On this occasion, some of the samples were really interesting but just not in my size and most of the other stuff, although a lot of it nominally unisex, was on the more feminine end of Kapital's output. You should check it out if you're ever in the Kansai area...

Good insight! I actually live about 15 mins from this store but end up having to travel out to Osaka due to the large amount of female clothing at the Kobe store. To echo what you said, it's definitely worth digging through the back, Bazaar room for good deals. Also of note, this location smells amazing! Anyone know what they use to make it smell so good? I'm guessing it's some combination of Gonesh No. 8 incense.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good insight! I actually live about 15 mins from this store but end up having to travel out to Osaka due to the large amount of female clothing at the Kobe store.

You're very lucky. I love the Kobe area...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I want back to the Kapital store in Ebisu yesterday and I bought a pair of Mottenai jeans - the quality is indistinguishable from A grade to my amateur eye, and just 6800 Yen ($62 US right now...) - Kapital doesn't have to be expensive. However, because that was so cheap I just had to treat myself to something a bit more funky, so I got this top which I had been looking at online:
itm_2Uq2ww_2.jpg

Afterwards, I was round at the Duffle store (which mainly sells Kapital stuff from previous seasons), and they said they are having a sale starting today for a few days... there goes my bank account.

That's what happens when you think you just going in to get one cheap thing.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I want back to the Kapital store in Ebisu yesterday and I bought a pair of Mottenai jeans - the quality is indistinguishable from A grade to my amateur eye, and just 6800 Yen ($62 US right now...) - Kapital doesn't have to be expensive. However, because that was so cheap I just had to treat myself to something a bit more funky, so I got this top which I had been looking at online:
itm_2Uq2ww_2.jpg

How is that jacket in person? I've been eyeing that a lot online myself and really like the details on it. Definitely thinking about proxying for it.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is that jacket in person? I've been eyeing that a lot online myself and really like the details on it. Definitely thinking about proxying for it.

Really good. In fact, there was another guy at the counter when I was buying it and he liked it so much he immediately got one too... and I didn't even get a commission! ;) It's actually slightly heavier weight denim than I had imagined, and the detailing is superb. It looks pretty versatile too - I'd say it would go very well under a haori or samue type of jacket in cooler weather and could be used as more of a jacket in itself too.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really good. In fact, there was another guy at the counter when I was buying it and he liked it so much he immediately got one too... and I didn't even get a commission! ;) It's actually slightly heavier weight denim than I had imagined, and the detailing is superb. It looks pretty versatile too - I'd say it would go very well under a haori or samue type of jacket in cooler weather and could be used as more of a jacket in itself too.
Thank you! I was definitely thinking about using the jacket as a haori-type piece even though it can button up as well.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afterwards, I was round at the Duffle store (which mainly sells Kapital stuff from previous seasons), and they said they are having a sale starting today for a few days... there goes my bank account.

That's what happens when you think you just going in to get one cheap thing.

Hit up the Kapital Ebisu shop(s) for the first time last week while I was in town...incredible! Speaking on the sale at Duffle, When I went, they had one rack on "samples" for sale, all in size 4 (which worked out for me). Picked up a linen/hemp 'military' jacket for $100 that I totally did not need. The majority of sale items left were tees.

Ended up picking up an oversized/sloppy button up from the main shop. It's absolutely ridiculous but I love it. Anyone else a fan of this type of shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads