• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

bagcat

Reaction score
can anyone here comment on the sizing for boots? I read off Unionmade that it's ~Size 2 ≈ US size 7, Size 3 ≈ US size 9, and Size 4 ≈ US size 10.5.

I'm TTS 8.5, would that mean I would go for Sz3?

Reaction score
I just joined the club!!

INeDGvRzGQWy3QDEeowm.png

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Abrantes

Reaction score
Man, I've been meaning to make my first Kapital online order, but just saw they have zero century denim available. Don't know if it's a temporary thing or if they just don't have much of it for online stock.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, I've been meaning to make my first Kapital online order, but just saw they have zero century denim available. Don't know if it's a temporary thing or if they just don't have much of it for online stock.

I don’t think they offer it online. You’d have to proxy from someone who could pick up what you want at retail. Or you can find some Century denim on Rakuten.

Abrantes

Reaction score
I don’t think they offer it online. You’d have to proxy from someone who could pick up what you want at retail. Or you can find some Century denim on Rakuten.
Thanks, Frank. I'm a noob. I'll make it work somehow. :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, Frank. I'm a noob. I'll make it work somehow. :)
You will!

It's out there. There's even some kicking around US and Canadian retailers if you can easily order from those markets. Pricer for sure than from Japan (even with shipping/proxy fees I think).

Note one proxy option was mentioned just above, and that's the Bandana Almanac guy (you can find him online and on Instagram).

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indigo No 4, I recall reading about that shade somewhere but I can't place where. Nice blue/green color there.

I'm in the need of some new Stone 5Ps. Has anyone purchased denim from the webstore and noticed the measurements listed were off? Like maybe they took them in a wonky way or something. Cause l'm cross checking them with other sites and they don't match at all.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood I think those are only available in-store because they haven't been released on the webstore, have they hinted at a release? When I went to the Kapital Roppongi store they were nearly all out of them. One of the most beautifully faded pairs of denim I've seen.

Saw it teased on one of the Kapital IG accounts (of which there are several and I can't recall where I saw it), but also saw it on Poncho and Lefty's IG, which suggests it may be getting out to retailers. I don't see it on the Kapital web shop either.

I think pricing on Kapital IG was 16,800 JPY maybe? I know it will be higher than that if it ends up at a retailer outside of Japan. Kapital is really quite reasonably priced in most cases domestic to Japan. Sigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads