• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't seem to offer paypal which also made me wary...

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
They are probably selling cheap knock offs or copies that they can make for little to no money.
There are a ton of sites selling fake Visvim stuff for example. Normally the cheap price and the fact that they have deep stock numbers are a good way to tell they are fake.
They probably fool a few people until they are shut down and then they move onto the next brand that has some hype.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
BLZZdDm.jpg

Kap shirt and coat

vJBfTNE.jpg

Kap coat and pants

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went by Blue in Green a few weeks ago when I was in NYC--hit it up if you're there. They've got a bunch of Kapital--denim, tees, bizarre button-up shirts, boots with huge crepe soles, a beautiful patchwork-collar kimono shirt (at least, all there when I was there.) I think there was more too, can't remember specifics past that.

I picked up a green tee, which is just great. Slubby, wonderful faded sort of brown-tinted army green, fairly loose fit. I sized up to a 3 to get a reasonable shirt length--2 fit like a normal tee, except too short. they have purple/black ones too, which I think are dyed with sumi ink, which have an appeal but frankly it's sort of a weird color.

Also BiG now has that beautiful second room with a stereo. I don't think they had that 2 years ago.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you normally take smalls in general? I like some tees but tee sizing is really iffy from brand to brand, since measurements seem to not help at all.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I take a small in most brands tees/shirts.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Virgils look great there. I might even cuff one up or one lower, it looks tucked in that photo which to me is always a weird silhouette. You are killin it, my dude. We could basically share wardrobes.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the indigo patchwork Katmandu shirt about three months ago, and finally started wearing it recently.

Kapital Kountry FW16 IDG Patchwork Katmandu Shirt.jpg

I'm loving it. The sleeves are a little long for my stubby arms and I'm contemplating if I should shorten them a little bit, but I otherwise am very satisfied with it.

I also picked up a melton wool Ring coat that I won't be wearing for a few months.

Kapital navy vintage melton ring coat.jpg
Here's hoping I can style the coat properly. I imagine I'll get confused a few times.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2916 (1).JPG
Here's a quick fit pic. Pardon the picture quality, lighting and pose.

The sleeves are too long, thanks to my short arms. It's not as obvious on the left because the linen runs along the entire sleeve, but you can see it bunching up on my right wrist where's a linen patch.

I'm now contemplating getting the short sleeve equivalent. :decisions:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics