1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Nov 10, 2015.

1. cumulative

cumulative Member

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

If anyone has the Ring jacket, can you please post fit pics?

3. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior Member

Ha, I remember starting that thread on SuFu. I really liked their older seasons.
    I used to have a decent collection, including some weird things like playing cards (?), but these days I only have the "Surf" sweatshirt left.

4. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior Member

Not your usually Kapital "Saggy Melton Wool" peacoat
    [​IMG]
    Incoming

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Distinguished Member

Nice looking piece and looks pretty versatile for styling.

6. Gruff

Gruff Senior Member

Was there a recent Kapital collection with Mongolian influences?

I seem to remember a lookbook with some Mongolian inspired pieces within the last 3-4 years, specifically a pic of a guy on a horse wearing some pieces that I think were Kapital but were styled after traditional Mongolian wear.

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

I imagine those could be very nice. My understanding (admittedly mainly from reading product copy, so...) is that natural indigo gives denim a different feel and that the skein dyeing means that the indigo penetrates the yarn completely. This apparently means that the fades are more gentle since you aren't getting through to a white yarn core after the dye comes away from the surface.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

8. planetarium

planetarium Senior Member

It will fade, but very slowly and far more evenly than garments made with rope-dyed threads. It's kinda hard to appreciate the difference via photos, but having seen them in person I can tell you that they are gorgeous. Whether or not they're worth American pricing is up to you.

I've been to six Kapital locations now and they are absolutely my favorite brand; seeing the work in person is overwhelming.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Very nice. I have some natural indigo, but I think perhaps it's the skein dyeing that's the key as you say.

10. ManofKent

11. planetarium

planetarium Senior Member

If y'all don't have hard copies of the lookbooks, you're missing about 95%; they're absolutely huge compared to most brands. Bandana Almanac will proxy, you can find some on Yahoo Auctions, and if you make it to a store they're crazy cheap for what they are and sometimes I've had them thrown in with what I bought.

12. ManofKent

I've got three arriving via zenmarket - be wary of their weight - the shipping costs weren't good...

13. Gruff

Gruff Senior Member

14. Austo

Austo Active Member

Nice thread! I've owned a fair bit of Kapital, down to about 6 pieces and a few accessories currently as I've gotten rid of most things that didn't work well for me.

My favorite by far is the Century denim. Mine are a bit over a year old now, never had the kakishibu treatment done to them. They fade pretty subtly, from a distance they just look brown and as you get closer you see that the indigo threads really start to pop out this vibrant bright blue color.
    [​IMG]

Here's an outfit with them, these are the Stone cut which fits a little slimmer than most of their pants. Also wearing a chambray work jacket and patchwork linen shirt from Kapital here
    [​IMG]

15. ManofKent