• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a standard shirt they make twice a year.

Yeah don't be one of those people who wears Japanese socks (or anything) that are way too small. But to be honest those socks are mediocre level quality same as their bandanas. They make some socks specifically the Van Gogh socks that are properly made. I have worn out so many pairs of Kapital socks I stopped buying them years ago because the novelty of their designs wore out my wallet. Unless you have the means to afford novelty or FOMO I wouldn't waste my money.
So who would you recommend for bandanas with higher quality? Yours are awesome (and I love the one I have), and while they're great for around the neck, they're way too big to wear on my head (which is my preferred way to wear a bandana). Have any plans on doing some smaller sized ones? I gotta keep my covid hair under control. :p

coooaaat

Reaction score
That's a standard shirt they make twice a year.
thanks–having second thoughts about the size I got (4) and can't find any in a 3.

Speaking of which anyone know any good Japanese socks that are light And good quality?
I got a pair from RoToTo recently that I'm really happy with. They use so many different fabrics, you'll probably find something that meets your specifications

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
thanks–having second thoughts about the size I got (4) and can't find any in a 3.

I got a pair from RoToTo recently that I'm really happy with. They use so many different fabrics, you'll probably find something that meets your specifications
I actually have some Rototo and they are great, but the lightest ones they have are linen and I feel like they still can be pretty sweaty socks. I might check out some more since they have a store in Nara I think I can check out.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
So who would you recommend for bandanas with higher quality? Yours are awesome (and I love the one I have), and while they're great for around the neck, they're way too big to wear on my head (which is my preferred way to wear a bandana). Have any plans on doing some smaller sized ones? I gotta keep my covid hair under control. :p
Nobody really makes a good bandanna unfortunately. You could go buy the ones Buaisou is making... looks like decent quality, but your forehead would be stained blue. I don't know about the weight or feel of their fabric though I haven't seen one in person. I would suggest experimenting with different ways to wrap and tie them. It may sound like an easy thing to just whip out some new sizes but its not that simple.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub's bandanas are great:

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
I'm a US 11 and they fit me but after buying one, I kinda said meh. I bought it sight unseen and although the patterns are cute, however I find myself gravitating toward simple single color socks since it's easier to work into fits. Plus they have a super rough feel to them and are sweat buckets. Speaking of which anyone know any good Japanese socks that are light And good quality?

The bandanas are definitely more middling to fair at best but some of the images are quite cool. Frankly tho, I tend to grab my vintage ones more often when tryna look fashionable.
Japanese socks are tough... for me I can't afford to keep buying expensive socks so I tend to find reasonably priced stuff that lasts and looks good. Osomtex the people who make the yarn for Nike's Space Hippie make great socks, and they're almost entirely made from recycled materials. Otherwise I buy these fox fiber cotton socks that are made in the US called Organic Threads. You can always have them dyed or tie dyed or DIY-dyed. They are cheap, comfortable, and all-around my favorite.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
Japanese socks are tough... for me I can't afford to keep buying expensive socks so I tend to find reasonably priced stuff that lasts and looks good. Osomtex the people who make the yarn for Nike's Space Hippie make great socks, and they're almost entirely made from recycled materials. Otherwise I buy these fox fiber cotton socks that are made in the US called Organic Threads. You can always have them dyed or tie dyed or DIY-dyed. They are cheap, comfortable, and all-around my favorite.
Organic threads ain't bad actually, are they pretty thick? Osomtex is cool but they don't have much single color solid options.

However I know all the struggles of good Japanese socks. They are either absolute garbage or pretty expensive. 3000 yen for a pair of cotton socks kills me.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
Organic threads ain't bad actually, are they pretty thick? Osomtex is cool but they don't have much single color solid options.

However I know all the struggles of good Japanese socks. They are either absolute garbage or pretty expensive. 3000 yen for a pair of cotton socks kills me.
So so true. Organic Threads are pile foot and ribbed ankle and for the price they are much nicer to the Earth and my wallet than the alternate. They are not the most durable of socks (they rank with normal durability imo) but for general daily use I can't live without them now. I have an account with them for collaboration pieces and stuff but I should do some tie dye ones for real though.

Osom needs to redo their line up to basics but I think they are busy with Nike stuff, but regardless I still love the socks I have from them. I have a few of their socks on my webstore.

I much prefer more simple and basic stuff lately, so if you are looking for practical gear give me a ring.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about cotton socks like the yahae garabou joints (I'll admit I'm a sucker for ah.h's blog) but for US 10, or american made equivalents (not garabou of course, but maybe similar in texture or style.) PS love your feature with woolrich!

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
What about cotton socks like the yahae garabou joints (I'll admit I'm a sucker for ah.h's blog) but for US 10, or american made equivalents (not garabou of course, but maybe similar in texture or style.) PS love your feature with woolrich!
Thanks for the love! Was a fun project.

I am not a fan of garabou yarns. The yarn called "garabou" that is... The aesthetic is pleasing however outside of wearing them inside of the house, in a shoe might prove to be uncomfortable. Because of the nature of the garabou yarn the knit is usually quite loose and I feel like my foot slides around in socks made that way. In sandals though, which is quite popular in Japan (garabou yarn socks and sandals), I think garabou would work well especially if you can adjust the sandals (Keen, Teva, etc). Garabou socks can't really be beaten if you are going to be inside all day...

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
I didn't know that was the actual name of the yarn for those socks. I love em for the winter here, but damn they are too fucking hot. Although I'm a damn loser and live in a 100 year old house so wearing super thick socks and stuff in the winter and basically sitting naked on the floor in summer is pretty typical.

Right now, Ive been trying to get socks that are pretty airy. Biking socks and running socks like ten speed or balega are great for that however the designs are pretty ugly.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.