• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize, i've had a couple beverages tonight so I think perhaps my tone and posts were maybe too direct and blunt. But that being said, I think they are also still 110% to the point correct.

edit: I regret nothing.
edit: not 100% to the point correct, 110% to the point correct.

I like it. I think you should drink and post more often.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol understood. I love the jacket. It’s a stand out piece for me. 2nd Kapital piece I have owned. 1st being the monkey Cisco century denim in 123 color way

Also, I did not say any of that to rag on you man. You obviously have ******* great taste cuz you got a great ******* bandana jacket. I'm just trying to say, you're awesome and wear the **** out of it however you can. Because if I had it, that's what I'd do.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also like, **** cottle is great. How is the fabric on that cottle hoodie? Join the cottle thread. I've been tempted to get one but I prefer my hoodies with a zip down the front cuz I run hot (obviously). The other cottle stuff I have (like the ab-so-*******-lute-ly-ridiculous yamabakama pile pants I got on) is sooo so good.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also like, **** cottle is great. How is the fabric on that cottle hoodie? Join the cottle thread. I've been tempted to get one but I prefer my hoodies with a zip down the front cuz I run hot (obviously). The other cottle stuff I have (like the ab-so-*******-lute-ly-ridiculous yamabakama pile pants I got on) is sooo so good.
The hoodie is great. If I were to change anything it would be to make the hood smaller.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok, now you need to back down on the brew... ?

Trysterotops

Reaction score
Got these in from ZenMarket recently, absolutely in love with them. Not too sure which tops to pair with them, though. Open to suggestions.

73A5DB5F-2164-4B00-A3AE-9F65DF8A2102.jpeg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big hoodies, tucked in shirt with a big cardigan, big crew neck. Shoes any side zips, engineers, hight top chucks, and really any higher shoe. I would also pair them with really any battered vintage to fit. I don't have any of those Kapital pieces but I have done stuff like they do with jackets, and that's how I wear my stuff.

aladdnzane

Reaction score
Hey guys I got this a couple months ago, but lost on how I should style it. Not sure about lower half, and this Cottle hoody is the only thing I can think of that looks good with it up top. View attachment 1545737
Been on the fence on this coat a few, your fit worked well enough that it finally got me to grab it in green. Looks good man.

Now let's hope nobody starts posting fit pics of the bone souvenir jacket as that's the next on the fence buy I am mulling over, sigh.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these in from ZenMarket recently, absolutely in love with them. Not too sure which tops to pair with them, though. Open to suggestions.

View attachment 1545770

Pretty much two ways to go with those I think:

1. plain t-shirt, pretty much any color. Let them speak for themselves.

2. something equally crazy and embrace the kapital.

i_deliver_tofu

Reaction score
@KamoteJoe
Those wool bombers were a great piece, those sold out so quick too. Never understood why they didn't repeat making those or even a boro bomber or something... more lazy rehashes is exactly what most long-term fans and employees complain about.

@Timbaland
They certainly have grown in notoriety and definitely a hyped brand. Not sure what sort of growth you were referring to but, the company hasn't grown physically. They have roughly the same number of employees they had for the 7 years I worked for them. If anything the company has technically become a bit smaller since a number of stores closed over the last 5 years. The turnover rate for them has increased, there are only a handful (4-5 people) of staff that have stayed more than 10 years. Kapital is a tough place to work...?. They make way more of less variety than they used to. The majority of products are not new but from their repro line ie. nouvelle pants, smile tees, standard denim, etc etc. stuff they have made before that sells consistently.

There are no brands that can run their own sewing factory and do OEM business on the scale of companies like Kapital. It would just be so costly to build a production facility from scratch for the narrow margins of apparel. Kapital has the advantage of running all their own production, if they outsourced it all it would be at Visvim prices. (which is why I once went on and on about the Kamakura mountain parka, technically speaking its a very difficult piece to manufacture and if you outsourced that it would be incredibly expensive to sell) Thats also the reason you won't see similar brands to Kapital in the same price range. Nor will you see similar clothing, nobody is going to take a financial risk of making clothing that may or may not sell. That is why the entire industry is based around ODM production, and basically the only reason large apparel companies make any money.

Anyways just my two cents on the whole thing...
This is off topic but do you have anymore of the iridium black bandanas coming back in stock? I want one ?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a similar note since it's late on a saturday night (now sunday morning) and I've had a few. Please, someone else post about being unsure how to wear your dope ass Kapital pieces so I can say "stop worrying and ******* wear it"? That would be pretty prime.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for someone to put up a fit like
source.gif

But seriously the only way you can make Kapital look bad is not having the confidence to wear it or sizing it too small

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads