1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Nov 10, 2015.

1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Just purchased this corduroy kung fu jacket. Technically it's in the women's section but it probably counts more as a unisex piece as it's one size, and the measurements between the women's cord one vs men's shrunken wool one are just 1-2" in length and sleeve length, which I think is fine considering that the men's version is very oversized. The women's should still be nicely oversized but just a bit trimmer, and I think the cord fabric and green color are much more interesting. Corduroy also has fantastic fading when it's worn often, so I'm pretty excited.

Still can't find the ring coat that I want at a decent price, so I'm just waiting to see if it ever gets restocked on the website.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

^ Would be nice to see how it fits on you

1 person likes this.
  3. g transistor

You can see how it fits on this model (she's about 5'3"). The black wool is the men's version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I like the length and cuff size of the women's better, but as you can see, they're basically the same.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    2 people like this.
  4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I suddenly have a craving for dim sum.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    2 people like this.
  5. g transistor

godammit @dieworkwear

1 person likes this.
  6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Looks nice @g transistor like how those sleeves bell at the cuffs. Great color too.

1 person likes this.
  7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I like both and would happily wear either slightly oversized.

8. Shirts Anderson

Shirts Anderson Senior member

Anyone come across this sweater in the US? New to Kapital and I don't want to take a flyer on an overseas proxy purchase before I get a better sense of the way the brand fits...

[​IMG]

9. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

Think measurements are your friend in this instance

10. apcosf

apcosf New Member

Anyone have any information about the purpose and availability of this Kountry Remake stuff? There are a bunch of pieces in there that I think are just impossibly beautiful and I want to know more about this collection. I'm seeing them physically in stores on IG so it seems like it's out there in the real world but might not be something we can ever buy online?

11. Forum Troll

Forum Troll Active Member

19625 Gilman Springs Road Gilman Hot Springs, Cali
    [​IMG]
    Looking for this Denim Crosby Jacket in a 4. I was tempted to pick one up when I saw it at Unionmade at the Grove in L.A. a long time ago. Non buyers remorse. I can't seem to find one online anywhere after a lot of searching. Could have should have.

12. g transistor

Update: the dim sum jacket is probably one of my best purchases so far. the green is so lovely

1 person likes this.
  13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That's dieworkwear's name coinage, right? Not Kapital's name for the jacket...

1 person likes this.
  14. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

That depends, are the pockets suitable for storing steamed buns?

15. g transistor

No doubt the pockets are very suitable for steamed buns, and I can even slip a few chicken feet up the belled sleeves for easy storage and access for a quick lunchtime snack!

16. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

Think you're going to regret not putting the spare ribs there to be honest

17. g transistor

[​IMG]

So after waiting months for the price to drop to something more reasonable, I finally got my hands on one a few weeks ago. Total was $625 to my door from Korea.

This is my 2nd Kapital piece. I had avoided the brand before because sizing sometimes felt like a mysterious to me, as sometimes I would think I'm a 2 and then other times it seems like a 2 was way too small. But I went with DWW's advice and grabbed myself a size 2 in the navy blanket ring coat, and I'm super happy with the fit. I definitely think I could've sized down to a 1, but after feeling the drape and wrap of the large oversized-ness, I think that sizing down is a mistake. I managed to snag the only size 2 I've ever seen online, and when I contacted Kapital a few months back to try to buy direct from them, they said it was all sold out in stores.

Anyways, the fabric is incredible. It's dense but still lightweight, sort of fluffy, and not "stiff" like you would think of for a wool blanket (e.g. Woolrich, military blankets, etc). Plush is sort of how I would describe it. The color is deep and vibrant, and the "Native" pattern is lovely and subtle. I especially like that the pockets on this don't have flaps and buttons, as it tones down the military vibe more. It's lined with sort of a woven cotton, super soft and fabulous texture.

I'm not sure I would purchase a cotton ring coat, as I think my personal preference leans towards wool. There have been some other excellent wool editions in the past, and I highly recommend it. It's so incredibly warm, I can wear with a tee and still be warm in 30F weather. The storm cuffs especially help to keep the warmth in, and it really legitimately feels like you're wrapped and snuggled up in a blanket. I was worried that the drape wouldn't be great with the wool fabric, but again, the wool fabric is really nice and pliable, so I think it ends up drape actually better than a lot of the cotton ones I see.

There's also a red one, which I considered buying, too. Ultimately, I went with the safe route and went with the Navy, but I sometimes when I see pictures of the red, I almost regret the Navy purchase. There's also a "gold", mustard one that's pretty nice. Earthy, but I think the red and the navy are the best.

[​IMG]

There is another jacket that uses the same fabric, the Hospital jacket, which is sort of a casual jacket that reminds me a lot of Dana Lee. It's done in the red fabric, and unfortunately is sold out in size 2 on the Kapital side, but if anyone spots one, please let me know. I'd love to pick it up.

[​IMG]

There is a Navy blanket ring coat in size 3 on the Kapital store, and a size 2 in both Gold and Red. I highly, highly recommend picking it up if you've been thinking about it. Seriously, I had loved Kapital designs before, but this along with the dim sum jacket seals it. I'll be trying to get a lot more Kapital now.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    8 people like this.
  18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Looks great, and yes sizing is mysterious with Kapital!

19. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Those look really good. I dig the navy one a bit more, although both are great.

FWIW, Kaptial has really nice pressed wool scarves that pair well with their Ring coats. Just note that they're huge.

http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/kapital/?posts_per_page=96

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  20. g transistor

Yeah, I've been meaning to pick up a few of their scarves. I prefer oversized scarves anyways.

The navy one is awesome, but Jonathan has a red one and he always looks excellent in it, and it seems to be much more flexible.

I'm thinking if I pick up the hospital jacket, whether or not I should size up. I really like the fit that is in styled in the photo above, but it definitely looks oversized, whereas it doesn't seem that way in a lot of online pics, so it leads me to believe that the stylist went up a size...

I just wish I could try this stuff on.