• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Nbarbar

Reaction score
58C394EB-5881-4119-91D6-06D5DBFE56A7.jpeg

Fly fishing in the Keel.

Attachments

• 5128E58B-F0E6-44AC-A4D4-28C40D292AE5.jpeg
    5128E58B-F0E6-44AC-A4D4-28C40D292AE5.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 117

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How warm is that boy? I kinda wanted the bandana one but 140,000 yen is a bit steep for it to not have down or something

Nbarbar

Reaction score
How warm is that boy? I kinda wanted the bandana one but 140,000 yen is a bit steep for it to not have down or something
So warm. Like too warm for Australia. I use it in Japan and winters in the northern hemisphere.
That said, I wear it every chance I can, it’s 100% one of my favourite Kapital pieces.

Bukowskin

Reaction score
Is the Tugihagi Kakashi a yearly release? Been searching for one at a reasonable price.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One just got listed on grilled for $869 which is actually a pretty decent price. Probably not going to see one much lower than that. I think I paid $828 for mine off fashionship, which was the lowest price I've seen anywhere.

Standard and strange had one for $1179 as did glasswing. I think @shopcanoeclub had some recently but don't remember the price.

Seems like shops periodically get them in? Not quite sure if it's a seasonal thing or not.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the Tugihagi Kakashi a yearly release? Been searching for one at a reasonable price.

A word of caution. I've tried the tugihagi and it was a whole lot more scratchy than I was expecting. That being said, the one I tried was brand new, so I don't know how it develops. Also, we're all different when it comes to wool scratchiness, so ymmv.

Bukowskin

Reaction score
One just got listed on grilled for $869 which is actually a pretty decent price. Probably not going to see one much lower than that. I think I paid $828 for mine off fashionship, which was the lowest price I've seen anywhere.

Standard and strange had one for $1179 as did glasswing. I think @shopcanoeclub had some recently but don't remember the price.

Seems like shops periodically get them in? Not quite sure if it's a seasonal thing or not.

Yeah I just saw the one on Grailed, was hoping to get it closer to retail (or even from the web shop assuming it gets restocked). Would you echo the same thoughts about the scratchiness that hoodog had?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just saw the one on Grailed, was hoping to get it closer to retail (or even from the web shop assuming it gets restocked). Would you echo the same thoughts about the scratchiness that hoodog had?

So the blue knit parts of it are pretty soft and not that scratchy, but the texture/fabric on the patches is ridiculous. Thick, stiff and scratchy. Once you've had it on a bit you don't really notice, but it's a far cry from your standard soft virgin wool sweater, that's for sure.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the kakashi shirts run slim/small or are the measurements misleading? I checked their website, shoulders look fine but chest is listed as ~22" for a size 4 and they rarely make size 5.

A lot of large tees in the US have that size chest. Maybe I got too fat to fit Kapital (6'1" 195 lbs) other than their ring coat and oversized stuff? I'm a TTS large but sometimes size up for slimmer tops. Would appreciate any help.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the kakashi shirts run slim/small or are the measurements misleading? I checked their website, shoulders look fine but chest is listed as ~22" for a size 4 and they rarely make size 5.

A lot of large tees in the US have that size chest. Maybe I got too fat to fit Kapital (6'1" 195 lbs) other than their ring coat and oversized stuff? I'm a TTS large but sometimes size up for slimmer tops. Would appreciate any help.

Which Kakashi are you looking at? I can measure one of mine later if you want and get back to you. I only have size 4 Kakashis.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Kakashi are you looking at? I can measure on of mine later if you want and get back to you. I only have size 4 Kakashis.

Thanks, I would love measurements. I was looking at the bandana one but have also been eyeing the 4 tone denim and the hickory stripe one too. Is there a lot of variance in the sizing or do they all fit roughly the same?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I would love measurements. I was looking at the bandana one but have also been eyeing the 4 tone denim and the hickory stripe one too. Is there a lot of variance in the sizing or do they all fit roughly the same?

The bandana one is, strangely, considerably smaller than the others. I have my bandana Kakashi packed away until spring, but I have the 4-Tone available. I'll take some measurements later tonight and post them here. ?

Only the chest measurement then?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that all my Kakashis (I have four) fit the same except for the bandana one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads