• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the recent iterations of the 14 oz denim 5P monkey Cisco jeans? Any comment on fit and sizing?

On-line measurements at different shops show a variation of about 2 inches in the waist for the same size. For example, the size 36 is listed anywhere from 34” to 36” measured. Quite a difference.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the sweatshirts and Tenjiku bandana huge T really as cropped as the measurements suggest? They only seem to make them up to size 3 and their measurements show it as 26" long. It'd barely cover my belt line.
So I just measured one of my huge Ts -- and from the back neckline to the bottom is 29". That was a size 3. So probably the measurements are wrong.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry autocorrect changed it haha prefaded is what I meant haha
Yeah that's what I thought happened, heh. But what don't you like about washed denim? Are you an I-only-wear-denim-I've-faded-myself-through-wear-raw-denim kinda guy?

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
Naw, I don't believe in that gate keeping BS, most of those raw denim boiz have the ugly death metal band name fades I hate.

I just don't love light blue all that much, I have raw denim and haven't gotten a single one down to the light blue section, I do have a vintage jacked that is so faded, it's almost white though, but it has a lot of dark indigo patches that add some visual complexity.

Maybe I'm not a fan of pastel-ish colors? Dunno, I'd have to see it in person me thinks.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naw, I don't believe in that gate keeping BS, most of those raw denim boiz have the ugly death metal band name fades I hate.

I just don't love light blue all that much, I have raw denim and haven't gotten a single one down to the light blue section, I do have a vintage jacked that is so faded, it's almost white though, but it has a lot of dark indigo patches that add some visual complexity.

Maybe I'm not a fan of pastel-ish colors? Dunno, I'd have to see it in person me thinks.
You don't like light blue shirts?? Dude, don't ever venture over to the CM side of the forum. 😉

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I mentioned the sukiyaki shirt in here and the should I buy thread, together with pics from Standard and Strange, their whole stock has sold out. Just a week ago they had a size 2, 3 and 4 in stock.

Coincidence? I mean, it is a $500+ shirt after all. 🤔

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
You don't like light blue shirts?? Dude, don't ever venture over to the CM side of the forum. 😉
The light blue Oxford. My true enemy.

I will say the sukiyaki shirt is awesome looking to me but I need to try one on first haha

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the ring coat. Any sense of what a gnetly used one should go for? I am a size 44 6'1", am I a size 3 or 4?
Thanks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.