1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ManofKent, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Which shirt - have you got a link?

2. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Senior member

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

4. Americanaaa

the measurements for size 3 seem to be what most of my shirts are

5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I found where it wraps over itself depending on how you popper it, it came up a little smaller in the waist than other Kapital shirts (but then I suffer from middle-age spread :embar:).

6. Americanaaa

I ended up going through zenmarket and ordering it since they restocked my size. according to their size chart it's the size of several of my shirts so I hope it fits. I dont plan to wrap it over itself and just wear it like a normal button up/

7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

You can do the poppers up in multiple ways - might be a bit blousy not wrapped but it's a versatile cut.

8. Americanaaa

I hope so. i wonder if they measured it wrapped or buttoned up normal

1 person likes this.
  9. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Senior member

Just received my Katsuragi Ring Coat with the old, removable ring buttons. Will post pics of it soon - definitely think this fits better than the denim one I used to own. Two questions: where is the best spot to find Kapital lookbooks other than Yahoo Japan auctions and who could I possibly talk to to proxy a Fukubukuro bag from Kapital this coming January? Thanks folks!

10. soqueriaterum

soqueriaterum Senior member

I've ordered through Jonathan, from Bandanna Almanac before. You can reach him on instagram @bandanna_almanac.

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Rakuten is worth checking for look books - ebay sometimes has them but at high prices and high shipping. I've not ordered through Jonathan but have heard good things. Zen Market will place orders on Kapital.jp too.

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Ive bought from Jonathan. Really nice guy, gives good sizing advice, and his fees are very reasonable.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  13. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Senior member

@soqueriaterum @ManofKent @dieworkwear thanks for the recos! Just got the most recent lookbook off the Kapital site via Zenmarket. I'll likely buy through Jonathan given the glowing recommendations. I'm a very big fan of his blog

14. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Senior member

I am planning to order wool ring coat from Kapital.jp through Zen market. Can anyone comment on sizing for the coat?

For the reference, I am taking small in all engineered garments top and 36 in suit sizing.

Thanks in advance!

15. dieworkwear

Im 37" in the chest and took a size 2. Tried a size 1, but it definitely looks better a little looser/ larger.

16. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Senior member

I would go with a size 1. I went with a 2 and it fit just fine (gotta embrace the loose drape!) but the sleeves were just a bit too long on them.

17. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

If you haven't ordered that ring coat yet, I think it comes down to the sleeves. other aspects of the coat aren't going to change that much. If you have long arms for a size S/36, go up to a 2.

18. dieworkwear

My Ring Coat has storm cuffs so the sleeves never fall too low. Are other models not the same?

19. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Mine does as well. I have one in black melton wool.

20. Nvspwndamnstr39

Nvspwndamnstr39 Senior member

Where no one knows what good coffee is nor what a
    I'm about to kop my first pair of Kapital century denim. Am I correct that the jeans are not selvedge?

Also, just confirming that I am correct to size up. If I am a size 31 in Pure Blue Japan slim straight fit, my sense of it from various size charts would have me at 33 or even 34 due to the low rise and narrower waists, correct?

Also, how have the waist and thighs stretched for you guys?

Thanks!