1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kanye West - Words of Sartorial Inspiration

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by WestIndianArchie, Apr 11, 2008.

1. WestIndianArchie

WestIndianArchie Senior Member

The blog is about him dealing with the death of his mother, but it had something some of you SF'ers may appreciate.

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blo...-1_4_2008_0_0=

I don't do anything I don't love anymore... I loved the flashing lights vid so it didn't matter 2 me if someone one else didn't. While people chase money I pursue happiness. So many people talk about there investments or how much money they have but there's so many rich people who spend a lot of that trying 2 buy a piece of happiness. If there's anything my mom taught me is to enjoy life. I just recorded my first verse in the last 6 months 2 days ago at Bape's Studio in Japan. It felt good and I was inspired. I absolutely lost my mind (in a good way) on the new Glow in the Dark tour. The constant hours of creating helped me 2 keep from loosing my mind in a bad way. Chris Milk told me tragedy can produce great art and this is definitely true. I am a total mad man now, up till 3 am every night, trying 2 fight pain, board-um, and uncertainty with creativity. All that said, life is good..... good as finding the perfect fabric for a simple one button casual blazer with matching pants.

WIA

2. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

I don't know.... 1 button is alright I guess, but wearing a blazer with matching pants?!

3. rnoldh

rnoldh Stylish Dinosaur

good as finding the perfect fabric for a simple one button casual blazer with matching pants.

Isn't a blazer with matching pants called a suit?

4. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

This is what I thought, too.

5. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Distinguished Member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC

[​IMG]

Best quote on the board!

6. lee_44106

lee_44106 Distinguished Member

Maybe the man should stick to music.

7. flatfront

flatfront Senior Member

A gaffe it may be but Mr West does have his moments and can look very stylish at times. Mind you his bank balance probably makes looking good a lot easier.

8. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

A gaffe it may be but Mr West does have his moments and can look very stylish at times. Mind you his bank balance probably makes looking good a lot easier.

Agreed. Although as we know Donald Trump has all the money in the world and looks pretty bad a lot of the time. Mark Cuban has even more than that and can't get a good haircut.

So...

9. i6or

i6or Well-Known Member

i think he may actually have a chance in this whole style culture, and he seems to succed at everything he tries, this company of his, has been under construction for a while now, so that might be a sign his not cutting corners.