• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kanye West wants to intern for Raf Simons

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Because louis vuitton and raf simons are so much alike. This just makes me dislike kanye more. Mostly music though.

I don't get it. Are you saying he should pigeon hole himself?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
No. I've never liked kanye's music even when he was just starting out. When did i say pigeon holing? I remarked that i found it odd that those were the 2 designers chosen given their styles. I find most everything he does and things about his personality very contrived. I know most people eat it up, but then again, most people are stupid, overweight, in heavy debt, etc.... His faux social/political consciousness, street image, skills as a lyricist/rapper, and whole image is pretty superficial and immature.

I said last year when kanye started popping up at runway shows and trying to tell people how he was into fashion (specifically raf simons after ss08 show) that Raf would probably do some kind of sneaker collab in a future season. Raf and Kanye would obviously make a good amount of money with this and Raf would get a ton more publicity since he's not a household fashion name for most people.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'd quit to intern for raf. and i rap as well as kanye. i'm so in.

Jelly or Syrup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i'd quit to intern for raf. and i rap as well as kanye. i'm so in. (10)

fixed.

anyway lets quit the bs hate and atleast recognize kanye's production and lyrical talent amongst those in the mainstream.

also kanye interning for Raf could be a great thing, hopefully opening up some minds and doors.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no dude, (0). i really would and i really can.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jelly or Syrup
fixed.

anyway lets quit the bs hate and atleast recognize kanye's production and lyrical talent amongst those in the mainstream.

also kanye interning for Raf could be a great thing, hopefully opening up some minds and doors.

No, let's keep hating, it's much more fun. I think Kanye interning at Raf would be ****. Imagine all the really talented kids out there who ******* busted their ass at FIT and Parsons just to have some douchebag who has NO taste WHATSOEVER. Look at how he dressed just a couple of years ago. The guy has money and no style. I used to like his music but now I seriously hate him. I don't understand why any serious artist like Raf Simmons would lower themselves to the level of someone like Kanye.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
most people are stupid, overweight, in heavy debt, etc

This is some of the best AAA hating I've heard today, thank you.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I don't understand why any serious artist like Raf Simmons would lower themselves to the level of someone like Kanye.

Because the dollar bill trumps all; even when you're already successful.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1. some kid busts their ass for 4 yeas and gwen stefani "designs" handbags.celebrities are the new mark kostabi.

Originally Posted by SField
No, let's keep hating, it's much more fun. I think Kanye interning at Raf would be ****. Imagine all the really talented kids out there who ******* busted their ass at FIT and Parsons just to have some douchebag who has NO taste WHATSOEVER. Look at how he dressed just a couple of years ago. The guy has money and no style. I used to like his music but now I seriously hate him. I don't understand why any serious artist like Raf Simmons would lower themselves to the level of someone like Kanye.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
+1. some kid busts their ass for 4 yeas and gwen stefani "designs" handbags.celebrities are the new mark kostabi.

Yes. And it's all done by the same company in NYC near Times Square... every celebrity moron with no taste goes in there and a couple months later the company ***** out some meaningless line of derivative garbage.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ a guy i take the train with designed all Sarah Jessica Parker's steve & barry stuff but said she at least maintains some involvement.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads