• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
See Me Now is my favorite track now, followed closely by Runaway and All of the Lights.

Also, excellent bit by Chris Rock.

Everybody I know who is hating on this album are the type of people that they like to hate everything that everybody else likes by simple virtue of their need to have "better" taste than everybody. These are also the people who have really mediocre taste overall.

So true. People who hate the album don t like Yeezy work anyway.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Album is amazing; the short film is a bit much though. falling phoenix, exploding woods, huge fireballs in the sky; he is too in love with himeself.

But the beats are insane and I like almost the entire album; the Jay-Z tracks are meh but besides its good stuff. Monster and Hell of a Life are awesome.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is Kanye's Sgt. Pepper.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
It's pretty good but not the best. He still hasn't bested College Dropout. Production is probably one of the best though, the beats are all crazy good.

Been listening to it non-stop for 2 weeks now.

I fully agree. No where near close to his best. A few good songs but a few seem real forced especially him utterly destroying the great song that Bon Iver made, Kanye chopped it up into finely diced monkey poop with a sprinkle of urine dressing for taste.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After a few more listens, I think this is going to prove to be one of his best albums. It doesn't have the same array of instant radio-friendly singles his first three albums had, but this feels more like something that will yield a cohesive listening experience.

The Chris Rock bit is funny, but the sort of thing that makes me thankful snipping digital music is so simple.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
The Chris Rock bit is funny, but the sort of thing that makes me thankful snipping digital music is so simple.

Being able to delete skits made 2001 totally listenable again.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it. It's a great summary of Kanye the man and a sample of the times we live in. All of the songs are overproduced and some of them run way too long, the album is all about more. The disc is as personal as College Dropout and Late Reg with none of the minimalism of 808s. Every song connects back to his first 4 albums: strings, soul samples, autotuned solos, horns, etc.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Being able to delete skits made 2001 totally listenable again.

Plus infiniti.

They have so many versions of digital music to buy...they should make a skit free version.

I think my favorite song...beat wise, is Dark Fantasy. My favorite track lyric-wise is probably Blame Game.

surf4hours

Reaction score
Funny, just listening through it for the first time when I spotted this thread. I've got a huge smile from how good this album is.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
This is Kanye's Sgt. Pepper.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

The hyperbole surrounding this album is mindblowing. This is Kanye's Stankonia.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Album is incredible, probably his best yet. Press is loving it too, so far. Peace to the haters.

Glad you finally got in on this...

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

The hyperbole surrounding this album is mindblowing. This is Kanye's Stankonia.

The hyperbole goes both ways, from "Kanye's Sgt. Pepper" in one direction to "aural garbage" in the other.

I bought it off Amazon and... it's good! Not mindblowing or revolutionary, but good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads