• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I'm a purist (or a dork)...am waiting for Tuesday to hear the whole album.

All I've heard is what's been released on the radio and on Runaway....and from what I can tell it's gonna be a good one.

Pretty sure the retail copy has leaked.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
"All of the Lights" and "Gorgeous" should be a huge singles. I think the two Jay-Z tracks were a couple of the worst. Overall, there's five or so really good songs, 2 or 3 pretty goods ones, and 2 or 3 ones.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pitchfork gave it a perfect rating.

I'm not sold on that yet, but I agree that this is probably Kanye's most sonically ambitious album to date. I need to give the whole thing a few more spins, but I get the vibe that we could look back years from now at this album as the tangible point where West finally accepted the whole tortured "genius" label instead of just lamenting it.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I downloaded the album off Amazon for a dollar. There's a $3 credit code floating around and the album is $4 no digital book though.

I'm still unsure how I feel about the album, it's weird that half of it was release either via Good Friday or as singles which probably changes the experience. I'd agree musically it's probably Kanye's most adventurous albums (outside 808s and heartbreak). I'm just not taking to this album the same way I did when I first bought College Dropout and Graduation.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
I downloaded the album off Amazon for a dollar. There's a $3 credit code floating around and the album is $4 no digital book though.

ffffuuuu.gif

I'm still unsure how I feel about the album, it's weird that half of it was release either via Good Friday or as singles which probably changes the experience. I'd agree musically it's probably Kanye's most adventurous albums (outside 808s and heartbreak). I'm just not taking to this album the same way I did when I first bought College Dropout and Graduation.
CD and Graduation were pretty instant in realizing how good they were...but I'm finding this one to be really good as a complete album. I don't know if I can listen to the entirety of CD and Grad all the way through...every song isn't as good as all of MBDTF, IMO.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley

GET3MP3S (You can use it on any 3 mp3s, but might as well use it to kop the album since the digital is 3.99. So .99 cent album!
smile.gif
)

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous is the ****, can't wait to hear the whole album.

Choke a southpark writer with a fishstick. Lol

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
I bought the album this evening.
It's great. The perfect mix between 808 and Heartbreak for the melodies and rap/soul track of The College Dropout (e.g. All Falls down).

Oski

Reaction score
Bought the album this morning after my final, incredible!
Would have definitely been his best, no questions asked, if he would not have leaked half of the CD via good Friday.
Been a Kanye fan since 6th grade, so for me to say it would have been his best really takes a lot.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Maybe I need to get better headphones. I find the album wholly unremarkable.
No, you are just living in the apocalypse of overproduced hip hop
Originally Posted by APK
Pitchfork gave it a perfect rating. I'm not sold on that yet, but I agree that this is probably Kanye's most sonically ambitious album to date. I need to give the whole thing a few more spins, but I get the vibe that we could look back years from now at this album as the tangible point where West finally accepted the whole tortured "genius" label instead of just lamenting it.
I pity anyone who gives any credence to Pitchfork

bomblol

Reaction score
I'm generally a Kanye fan, and although this is probably going to go down as one of his most acclaimed albums, I'm really not feeling it much. It's certainly not bad and I like it better than 808 and heartbreaks (not that I thought that was bad, either), but it wont ever hold up to College Dropout or Late Registration for me.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See Me Now is my favorite track now, followed closely by Runaway and All of the Lights.

Also, excellent bit by Chris Rock.

Everybody I know who is hating on this album are the type of people that they like to hate everything that everybody else likes by simple virtue of their need to have "better" taste than everybody. These are also the people who have really mediocre taste overall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads