Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by dusty, Nov 20, 2010.

1. dusty

dusty Senior member

I'm a purist (or a dork)...am waiting for Tuesday to hear the whole album.

All I've heard is what's been released on the radio and on Runaway....and from what I can tell it's gonna be a good one.

Pretty sure the retail copy has leaked.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

"All of the Lights" and "Gorgeous" should be a huge singles. I think the two Jay-Z tracks were a couple of the worst. Overall, there's five or so really good songs, 2 or 3 pretty goods ones, and 2 or 3 ones.

3. APK

APK Senior member

Pitchfork gave it a perfect rating.

I'm not sold on that yet, but I agree that this is probably Kanye's most sonically ambitious album to date. I need to give the whole thing a few more spins, but I get the vibe that we could look back years from now at this album as the tangible point where West finally accepted the whole tortured "genius" label instead of just lamenting it.

4. TDOT

TDOT Senior member

Read. Complex spent a week w/ Kanye in Hawaii. Breakfast, b-ball, and "rap nerd Nirvana." Here's the story: http://bit.ly/ckjX6Y

5. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Maybe I need to get better headphones. I find the album wholly unremarkable.

6. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

I downloaded the album off Amazon for a dollar. There's a $3 credit code floating around and the album is $4 no digital book though.

I'm still unsure how I feel about the album, it's weird that half of it was release either via Good Friday or as singles which probably changes the experience. I'd agree musically it's probably Kanye's most adventurous albums (outside 808s and heartbreak). I'm just not taking to this album the same way I did when I first bought College Dropout and Graduation.

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I downloaded the album off Amazon for a dollar. There's a $3 credit code floating around and the album is $4 no digital book though.

[​IMG]

CD and Graduation were pretty instant in realizing how good they were...but I'm finding this one to be really good as a complete album. I don't know if I can listen to the entirety of CD and Grad all the way through...every song isn't as good as all of MBDTF, IMO.

8. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

GET3MP3S (You can use it on any 3 mp3s, but might as well use it to kop the album since the digital is 3.99. So .99 cent album! [​IMG] )

9. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

Gorgeous is the shit, can't wait to hear the whole album.

Choke a southpark writer with a fishstick. Lol

10. Gorthaur Melwasul

Gorthaur Melwasul Senior member

I bought the album this evening.
    It's great. The perfect mix between 808 and Heartbreak for the melodies and rap/soul track of The College Dropout (e.g. All Falls down).

11. Oski

Oski Senior member

Bought the album this morning after my final, incredible!
    Would have definitely been his best, no questions asked, if he would not have leaked half of the CD via good Friday.
    Been a Kanye fan since 6th grade, so for me to say it would have been his best really takes a lot.

12. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

Maybe I need to get better headphones. I find the album wholly unremarkable.
    No, you are just living in the apocalypse of overproduced hip hop
    Pitchfork gave it a perfect rating. I'm not sold on that yet, but I agree that this is probably Kanye's most sonically ambitious album to date. I need to give the whole thing a few more spins, but I get the vibe that we could look back years from now at this album as the tangible point where West finally accepted the whole tortured "genius" label instead of just lamenting it.
    I pity anyone who gives any credence to Pitchfork

13. bomblol

bomblol New Member

I'm generally a Kanye fan, and although this is probably going to go down as one of his most acclaimed albums, I'm really not feeling it much. It's certainly not bad and I like it better than 808 and heartbreaks (not that I thought that was bad, either), but it wont ever hold up to College Dropout or Late Registration for me.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

See Me Now is my favorite track now, followed closely by Runaway and All of the Lights.

Also, excellent bit by Chris Rock.

Everybody I know who is hating on this album are the type of people that they like to hate everything that everybody else likes by simple virtue of their need to have "better" taste than everybody. These are also the people who have really mediocre taste overall.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

See Me Now is my favorite track now.

Are we listening to the same album?