Kanye West is a moron

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Recoil, Sep 14, 2009.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I like that sweater.

Anyway, Obama called Kanye a "jackass."

I wonder if Obama hates black people too [​IMG]

Haha. Seriously? That's like the first thing Obama's said in a while that I can actually agree with.

2. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

And the Kanye memes start...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

so true. but who's trace adkins?

A major country singer--perhaps best known for "Honky Tonk Be-Donk-a-Donk." He has actually published a book of his political and social musings. He definitely has the look of a man who is not to be trifled with.

www.traceadkins.com

4. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

5. suited

suited Senior member

I can only speculate on what would have happened had Beyonce won and some burly male country music star--say, someone like Trace Adkins or Toby Keith--had wrested the microphone from her and proclaimed Taylor to be a more deserving winner. Somehow, I think the level of public outrage and indignation would have been far higher.
    And it probably wouldn't have been on Fox news nearly as much, it goes both ways. It's on O'Reilly again tonight. I think him and Hannity get a hard on at the chance to attack any r&b artist.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i'm trying to decide whether those are Egyptian hieroglyphics on his head or crop circle patterns...

7. APK

APK Senior member

The best part about these Kanye episodes is that it gives white people a chance to stick their head out of white suburbia, wag their finger at that no-good scoundrel thug that "Kayne West" is, and return to their perfect white-picket fence, 2.5-kid lives.

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

The best part about these Kanye episodes is that it gives white people a chance to stick their head out of white suburbia, wag their finger at that no-good scoundrel thug that "Kayne West" is, and return to their perfect white-picket fence, 2.5-kid lives.

Obama doesn't care about white people!

9. playdohh22

playdohh22 Senior member

don't forget about this one!
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

LOL wut?

Kanye is in serious need of a sense of humor.

11. APK

APK Senior member

These types of incidents almost always spark conversations online and in day-to-day live among people who have no idea who the guy is, other than he is an entertainer. This usually leads to sweeping generalizations about the guy, which unfortunately, tend to be based on race. I've seen the word "thug" attached to him for this incident. Kanye's a lot of things you wouldn't want to be, but a thug isn't one of them. Those who actually believe that are probably the same people who don't interact with people of other races very often.

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

These types of incidents almost always spark conversations online and in day-to-day live among people who have no idea who the guy is, other than he is an entertainer. This usually leads to sweeping generalizations about the guy, which unfortunately, tend to be based on race. I've seen the word "thug" attached to him for this incident. Kanye's a lot of things you wouldn't want to be, but a thug isn't one of them. Those who actually believe that are probably the same people who don't interact with people of other races very often.

Wow, someone who doesnt know someone else is talking shit about them and judging them.
    It's like what happens every second of every day with every situation.

13. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Kanye's like a little kid, I watched Leno last night and he acted similarly to how you would expect a 12 yr old to act when they're being told they did something wrong. He sat on the couch and pouted.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

And the Kanye memes start...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

haha. So awesome.

lolwut? [​IMG]

15. APK

APK Senior member

Wow, someone who doesnt know someone else is talking shit about them and judging them.
    It's like what happens every second of every day with every situation.

Touche. I stand by my original point, though. I'm seeing too many people hit Kanye with racial generalizations. Call him an egomaniac, arrogant, immature. Those are all apt descriptions. But "thug" is certainly not one of them. Comments like that come off as uninformed and hint at a misunderstanding, if not fear of the culture at large Kanye represents.