• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people have experience with the vintage ivy popovers? Wondering how their sizing is compared to Brooks Brothers. I usually wear a 15-33 in Brooks Brothers. Unfortunately, my Kamakura shirts is in the Tokyo Slim Fit in 39/87, sleeves are too long and my best fitting Kamakura shirt is one from their 134 line and is size 16/41.

sid11111

Reaction score
Do people have experience with the vintage ivy popovers? Wondering how their sizing is compared to Brooks Brothers. I usually wear a 15-33 in Brooks Brothers. Unfortunately, my Kamakura shirts is in the Tokyo Slim Fit in 39/87, sleeves are too long and my best fitting Kamakura shirt is one from their 134 line and is size 16/41.
You need a 39-83.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new vintage Ivy line of OCBDs are a thicket Oxford cloth than the sport line? Im Hoping the $10 price bump is due to thicker fabric. Cause my sport oxfords are pretty thin.

mosivy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new vintage Ivy line of OCBDs are a thicket Oxford cloth than the sport line? Im Hoping the $10 price bump is due to thicker fabric. Cause my sport oxfords are pretty thin.

I don't know the answer to your question, but often times finer (thinner) fabric is actually more expensive.

sid11111

Reaction score
Thanks, but it looks like the popovers only come in U.S. (?) neck sizes, i.e., 14,15,16, 17, etc. What would your recommendation be then?
Based on the size chart it seems like a size 15 corresponds with a 39cm neck and 83cm length measurement. Might want to double check before placing your order!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the bright blue popover with the multi coloured checks. I rushed off to grab it and measure it as you seem a similar size to me. I’d be happy to provide measurements but the bloody thing doesn’t seem to have a size tag on it anywhere so I’m not sure what use that would be to you.

I seem to recall they had a free shipping deal and I ordered two and sent back the smaller one, so if in doubt size up.

Edit. Just checked my blog post in which I said it’s a medium Tokyo fit.

Dimensions are:

Pit to Pit - 20.5
Shoulder to shoulder - 18
Back of collar to hem - 30
Shoulder point to cuff - 24

Hope that was useful. I love this shirt. Enjoy!

Last edited:

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
has anyone returned an order back, and if so how much did it cost? On the return page they said they set up a return system in the states for US customers.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the bright blue popover with the multi coloured checks. I rushed off to grab it and measure it as you seem a similar size to me. I’d be happy to provide measurements but the bloody thing doesn’t seem to have a size tag on it anywhere so I’m not sure what use that would be to you.

I seem to recall they had a free shipping deal and I ordered two and sent back the smaller one, so if in doubt size up.

Edit. Just checked my blog post in which I said it’s a medium Tokyo fit.

Dimensions are:

Pit to Pit - 20.5
Shoulder to shoulder - 18
Back of collar to hem - 30
Shoulder point to cuff - 24

Hope that was useful. I love this shirt. Enjoy!
I have the same shirt. It is hot

vanmosh

Reaction score
I just received the new Vintage Ivy shirts.

The collar is great, it's identical to the Brooks collar. I was surprised however by the weight of the fabric and the fit. I expected them to be a bit beefier, but maybe I was just making that connection in my head because of the "selvedge" oxford. The ecru shirt is actually a bit transparent in a way I wasn't expecting at all. Lastly, the fit is definitely more relaxed than I've come to expect from Kamakura and has way longer sleeves than any of the other shirts I've gotten from the Vintage Ivy line. I don't mind the more relaxed fit at all actually, I think it's kind of the platonic ideal of an OCBD, but for me the sleeves need some work.

Overall though, the finishing is top notch, and the details are great. I'm hoping that throwing the two I got in the wash a few times will get them close to perfect.

Lastly - they kept talking about how this was most definitely NOT a Graham Marsh collaboration, but either they didn't want to pay for new labels or wires got crossed during production because both my shirts have the Vintage Ivy Graham Marsh label on them.

TimothyF

Reaction score
I just received the new Vintage Ivy shirts.

The collar is great, it's identical to the Brooks collar. I was surprised however by the weight of the fabric and the fit. I expected them to be a bit beefier, but maybe I was just making that connection in my head because of the "selvedge" oxford. The ecru shirt is actually a bit transparent in a way I wasn't expecting at all. Lastly, the fit is definitely more relaxed than I've come to expect from Kamakura and has way longer sleeves than any of the other shirts I've gotten from the Vintage Ivy line. I don't mind the more relaxed fit at all actually, I think it's kind of the platonic ideal of an OCBD, but for me the sleeves need some work.

Overall though, the finishing is top notch, and the details are great. I'm hoping that throwing the two I got in the wash a few times will get them close to perfect.

Lastly - they kept talking about how this was most definitely NOT a Graham Marsh collaboration, but either they didn't want to pay for new labels or wires got crossed during production because both my shirts have the Vintage Ivy Graham Marsh label on them.

I bought some of the same and I was curious whether the "selvedge" shrinks more than normal oxford. Please do update!

reidrothchild

Reaction score
F6215E54-ED39-41CD-BDD1-CC1AEA969466.jpeg

Had to put on a jacket and tie today and opted for one of the traveler knit dress shirts. I was a little skeptical of the cotton/poly blend since I’d only owned one of the 100% pique cotton shirts before, but these may be the only dress shirts I’ll ever buy again. They are lighter and look much dressier than the pique material.

Megakurth

Reaction score
View attachment 1638206
Had to put on a jacket and tie today and opted for one of the traveler knit dress shirts. I was a little skeptical of the cotton/poly blend since I’d only owned one of the 100% pique cotton shirts before, but these may be the only dress shirts I’ll ever buy again. They are lighter and look much dressier than the pique material.
How do they wear temperature wise? I’ve always found non-irons to wear relatively warmer and am curious how their poly-blend wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads