• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could wear it with a plain knit tie, plain grenadine tie, or a tie with a really small or faint pattern, such as a really small-scale neat print silk tie or a small-scale herringbone-weave tie.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped in to the Madison ave store since they're having the final anniversary sale. Unfortunately, didn't see anything I liked in my size in 16-34 in the 134 line. A few white shirts and a yellow or white 100% linen shirt.

In the Traveler line they had one shirt in size 16, but the sleeve length on that was 34 - 35 according to the sales associate.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is there still "anything", or pretty much done?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there still "anything", or pretty much done?
The shelves are stocked, whether or not they are the sizes you are looking for, I'm not sure. If you wanted to visit the store I would probably call to ask them to see if they have what you are looking for. They are low on merino sweaters. The cardigans I was looking at they only had in size medium.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not going in, so maybe I’ll give them a call ahead...

Spex

Reaction score
Those shirts look great and if they were my size I would be tempted to grab them. Is that first navy houndstooth one a linen shirt?

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought enough for next year lol.
16067025296704101409582980746758.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does anyone have Kamakura Tokyo slim and BB Original Polo, which is closer to Tokyo slim on the BB side, Milano or Soho fit?

Megakurth

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Palpa easy care shirts?

sid11111

Reaction score
does anyone have Kamakura Tokyo slim and BB Original Polo, which is closer to Tokyo slim on the BB side, Milano or Soho fit?
If you're still curious,I have the BB milanos in M and Kamakura in Tokyo Slim neck size 39 and the former are larger.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty well picked over. Even at that price, I didn’t see anything that really appealed to me.

it’s too bad. I’ll miss going to that small but wonderful little shop on Madison Avenue. The customer service was impeccable.

I’ll remain a customer and hopefully one day they’ll decide to return to the states.

I've only been there once and loved the shop. The service was top-notch. It's sad to see it go.

vanmosh

Reaction score
Looks like Kamakura refreshed their 'Vintage Ivy' line - collar points look a lot longer than they are with the Graham Marsh collaboration.

Probably going to pick up the ecru one.

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Kamakura refreshed their 'Vintage Ivy' line - collar points look a lot longer than they are with the Graham Marsh collaboration.

Probably going to pick up the ecru one.
Yes, they do. I like it, a bit of a BB, original, Ivy collar roll. I have, and like, the Marsh OCBD, but the points are a little short for the tie knots I use. Having a long neck, I think I will also appreciate what seems to be a higher rise on the collar. Didn't realize Selvedge Oxford cloth for OCBD's was a thing previously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads