• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
I was told you can still order MTM from their Japan store once they transfer everything over.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was told you can still order MTM from their Japan store once they transfer everything over.
They are doing preorders for their MTM Canclini fabrics

rakaushik

Reaction score
Kamakura US is closing down... They are having a closing down online sale for NY fits Classic and Slim at $50/shirt. Limited sizes available

reidrothchild

Reaction score
I ordered 3 shirts 10 days ago and was informed by their customer service that they are experiencing long delays at the warehouse due to the heavy order volume. Not a big deal to me since I don't need new dress shirts anytime soon, and $50 for their shirts is a great deal, but just an FYI that it may be a while before the shirts ship, and don't t be surprised if they end up cancelling part or all of the order.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered 3 shirts 10 days ago and was informed by their customer service that they are experiencing long delays at the warehouse due to the heavy order volume. Not a big deal to me since I don't need new dress shirts anytime soon, and $50 for their shirts is a great deal, but just an FYI that it may be a while before the shirts ship, and don't t be surprised if they end up cancelling part or all of the order.
I just got the shipping notice from the sale purchase.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am looking at

either one of these two:

I am now also SUPER PISSED that I never signed up for Japanese rewards because I would be very close to something by now

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking at

either one of these two:

I am now also SUPER PISSED that I never signed up for Japanese rewards because I would be very close to something by now
I bought the Uni stripe OCBD you link above.

I don’t see mention of them discontinuing the NY fit all together though. It just says they’re selling some at a discount. Where did you read that?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought the Uni stripe OCBD you link above.

I don’t see mention of them discontinuing the NY fit all together though. It just says they’re selling some at a discount. Where did you read that?
I was just guessing. It does seem weird to close the store in NY and then also announce the same sale for their NY-fit shirts.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just guessing. It does seem weird to close the store in NY and then also announce the same sale for their NY-fit shirts.

Kamakura’s US website stocked shirts that were available domestically. They set up the US website due to high demand thereby allowing a faster response time with decreased shipping delays.

the shirts available during this sale are from the inventory available here. As the stores are closing it makes more sense to dump the inventory here.

I wear the Tokyo slim so I don’t keep up with the NY fit, but my guess is that they will continue to produce it (provided There’s the demand for it).

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my shipping notification from the 9/18 sale - Nothing cancelled.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Just got my shipping notification from the 9/18 sale - Nothing cancelled.
Nice! That gives me hope. I ordered 3 shirts, including one of the knit shirts in the NY fit right before they went out of stock, and I was assuming they'd cancel that part of the order, as I've recently been hit with a few order cancellations from other online retailers having big sales. Still no shipping notice from my 9/18 order though.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! That gives me hope. I ordered 3 shirts, including one of the knit shirts in the NY fit right before they went out of stock, and I was assuming they'd cancel that part of the order, as I've recently been hit with a few order cancellations from other online retailers having big sales.
FWIW I used it as an excuse to grab some white shirts and it wouldn't let me add more to my cart than they had available so I think the system probably kept pretty good track of where they were at.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
FWIW I used it as an excuse to grab some white shirts and it wouldn't let me add more to my cart than they had available so I think the system probably kept pretty good track of where they were at.

Oh good. I've always wondered how the order cancellation thing happens. It would seem to not be that difficult to have software that doesn't allow additional orders after an item goes out of stock, but it's happened to me more than once. I'm a huge fan of the Kamakura knit dress shirts, so I'm stoked to be getting another one. Does anyone know if they'll still be stocking the NY fit knit shirts on the Japanese site? I only see the Tokyo fit on there now.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they'll still be stocking the NY fit knit shirts on the Japanese site?

They have three online stores (at the moment).

A US one: https://kamakurashirts.com/
An international one: https://www.kamakurashirts.net/shop/default.aspx
A Japanese one: https://shop.shirt.co.jp/shop/c/c10

Some years back, it was possible to order internationally from the Japanese store. However, Maker's Shirt (the Japanese name for Kamakura Shirts) then opened the international website and ordering from Japan ceased.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads