• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are closing US operations entirely, which I assume includes their warehouse in NJ.

Real shame - I got nearly all my dress shirts from Kamakura.
You can still buy from them from what I understand. It just won't be sent from the U.S.

soywasabi5

Reaction score
Looks like they are closing US operations entirely, which I assume includes their warehouse in NJ.

Real shame - I got nearly all my dress shirts from Kamakura.

Huge loss. They made quality dress shirts for a fair price. I have several from them that I absolutely adore. Upgrade from Charles Tywhitt brand. Mayor DeBlasio is running the city to the ground..

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys it's sad but we were ordering Kamakura from Japan in 2015 and it was fine. Shipping was maybe $15 instead of $12. It took a week or 10 days instead of 3-5. Pricing was the same. Customs is no problem unless you order $800 of goods.

The only question, which remains to be seen, is whether there will be as much stock made in the US-friendly NY cuts. But even now, I felt all the good/cool shirts were Tokyo fit anyway.

soywasabi5

Reaction score
Guys it's sad but we were ordering Kamakura from Japan in 2015 and it was fine. Shipping was maybe $15 instead of $12. It took a week or 10 days instead of 3-5. Pricing was the same. Customs is no problem unless you order $800 of goods.

The only question, which remains to be seen, is whether there will be as much stock made in the US-friendly NY cuts. But even now, I felt all the good/cool shirts were Tokyo fit anyway.
good to know this is available, thank you for sharing.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

before they actually had a US site that’s how I ordered them. They shipped from Japan and arrived usually within 5 business days. Never had any issues.

I actually prefer the international site as they had a greater selection.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Explains the very paltry selection. Looks like im in for a couple shirts and a tie for 90 bucks off.
For those that are not on the email list, they are clearing out some wares starting this Friday:

As a final thank-you, until we close, we are launching our biggest sale ever.
Our sale goes live:

Friday, September 18th 12:00 PM EST
Shirts: $50
Neckties: $39

Accessories and MTM not included.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads