• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you’re registered with them, your purchases are recorded. When you accrue enough points, you’ll get a discount code. It’s actually pretty generous.
I thought you meant separate from that.... thanks for false hope :angry:

Spex

Reaction score
Does anyone know if those old purchases are recorded anywhere and how many purchases are required to earn, let's say $50?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would also be interested to know. though I've only bought two shirts from them. Probably a ways to go.
How about that the Japan and US systems don't work :( I'd be at like 200 bucks by now :(

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can register online. I'm not sure if previous purchases apply. When I went from the old card system to the new system, it did. You can always ask.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can register online. I'm not sure if previous purchases apply. When I went from the old card system to the new system, it did. You can always ask.
I'm surprised the sales rep in the store didn't have me sign up when I bought my shirt. He was very helpful otherwise.

Spex

Reaction score
OK, I found some info on their FAQ (https://kamakurashirts.com/pages/faq).

Basically you get 5 points per dollar spent and these points can be converted to $50 off coupons in 5000 point increments. Soooo...that means you get $50 after you've spent $1000. Looks like after you've spent $1000 you're awarded more points per dollar. Not sure how it works for the Japanese site (from which I bought most of my stuff). I would probably be at the halfway point to $50 off....

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Brooks' problems going to help Kamakura? I know that they are different price points, partially because Brooks' shirts can often be gotten on sale. Still, these are the two dress shirt brands I favor.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Brooks' problems going to help Kamakura? I know that they are different price points, partially because Brooks' shirts can often be gotten on sale. Still, these are the two dress shirt brands I favor.

I don't see BB going anywhere. They will likely be around under new ownership. What that means for the merchandise, I don't know.

I would place Kamakura at a higher overall quality level vs. Brooks Brothers. Even their regular Maker's Shirt retails at well under $100 and features non-fused collars and cuffs and shell buttons. Their higher grade shirts, too, outmatch those of Brooks Brothers in terms of fabric and overall quality and finish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads