1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Jan 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Anyone think the shoulders are pretty wide? I'm 5'7, 155 and wear a 36S jacket. Usually, a 38/15 shirt will fit me ok, but the listed measurements put these smaller sized shirts as having an 18" shoulder width. That sounds nuts; the seam would sag big time on me if that's true.

I'm in CA and would love to try their stuff.

2. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

I wear a size 39/87 in tokyo slim. The yoke is listed at 47 cm, or 18.5" on the website. Mine is 46 cm, which is 18.1. My shirt has been washed in cold water and hung dried. Shrinkage should be minimal, I guess. Anyway, mine is 1 cm less than listed.

Your sizes 38 and neck is listed at 46 cm. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually 45 cm, based on my shirt. 45 would be 17.7 inches

FWIW, I consider the shoulders to be slim compared to other slim fit size 39s. The shirt altogether is very slim.

3. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@fieldofdreams

Cheers, man. Do you have a fit pic of the shirt so I can see the shoulder seam?

What is your usual jacket size?

4. fieldofdreams

40r. I don't have any pictures of me wearing any of their shits without a jacket

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I'm the same. With the right chest it's long for me in 39-87. Waist is also too wide, but I think that's par for the course for OTR.

On my phone right now, but there might be pictures of me in the 39-87. I'm around 150, 5'5", 38 chest

Edit: link to fit pic

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. forex

forex Senior member

Guys, I have 5 kamakura shirts.4 of them are button downs and one straight collar. They are small for me and I only laundered them once but never worn them. They are staples, size 16-36.5 and are NY slim fit,please pm me if you are interested, I'll sell them at half the price. Pics are below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  7. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

I've been trying out Kamakura dress shirts the past few weeks and my favorite thusfar is the 200 series. I've tried a dobby, a pinpoint oxford and a cashmere blend at the lower pricepoint. I've also tried the 200 series "micro twill".
    For me, the 200 series is worth the extra $. It truly feels and looks like a luxury shirt.

8. cnew

cnew Well-Known Member

Definitely want to dive in on their Tokyo Slim, but they do not have my size (43-89).

Do they use rear side pleats on any of their shirts?

9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely do it in Tokyo slims.

10. fieldofdreams

I'll have to look when I get home, but I feel like Tokyo slim dress shirts are darted with no pleats. Tokyo slim ocbds have box pleats for sure.

11. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You're right. My bad - I confused darts with pleats.

Did they always do OCBDs with pleats? I'm pretty sure I have one with no box pleat.

12. colco

colco Senior member

They did offer NY slim with darts, and I believe reverted back to a box pleat on both ny slim and tokyo slim, which changed the fit

13. Spex

Spex Senior member

Correct. I have a pink Kamakura OCBD from a few years ago that has no pleats and has darts. I believe when they changed to a box pleat and no darts (which is much more traditional for an OCBD) they also got rid of the gauntlet buttons.

14. fieldofdreams

Did anyone else get a lucky bag offer? I got one. I can get three shirts for $100. The only problems are that I don't know what the shirts will and I have to order a fourth shirt to get free shipping. I think I'm going to do it though.

15. RevisIsland

I guess buying ~$800 in shirts in the past month doesn't qualify me :)

I think they ran this promo last New Years and most people were happy with the shirts.

16. fieldofdreams

nm

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  17. RevisIsland

Thanks but the links don't work for me. And no worries, I'm probably too picky for the lucky bag promo anyways.....ha

18. fieldofdreams

Sorry, probably because I used the link. It was probably specifically for me and once used once was disabled.

I'm worried they won't be to my liking as well.

19. RevisIsland

I'm glad you were able to use it before the internet saw your post! Good luck with the lucky bag! Let us know how it goes.

20. fieldofdreams

I used it first. I'm not taking any chances.

@RevisIsland try cutting and pasting the links. They appear to work that way.