1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Jan 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^USPS makes it easy for international return shipping but I believe the cost is not refunded, so, still pricey.

You can order by calling or emailing the NY store. Pretty response through email. I never committed since I always found ordering 2 shirts online was easier, and saved on the shipping. (FWIW I only had to return the shirts once to get the fit down.)

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I like the look of a lot of the Kamakura/Maker's Shirt ties but they're too narrow for me.

The wool ties that you linked to are only 7.5cm wide, unfortunately.

3. Spex

Spex Senior member

I know what you mean. They had some great looking Grenadine ties a while back, but they were also 7.5, or even 7 cm (they recently came out with some 8cm versions, though, but with different weaves). I like their 8cm size, and 8.5 is fine as well. 9cm is too wide for me look. I would suspect that 7.5cm wouldn't look out of place on the typical Japanese physique.

4. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Has anyone ordered the Tokyo Slim 43-87 (17-34 13 inch)? I want to order a couple shirts from Kamakura but wonder if just going MTM through Luxire would give me a better fit. I find that while i have a 17 inch neck, the body and sleeves of the shirts are too large, even the BB ESF. Thanks.

5. chizhang001001

chizhang001001 Senior member

just ordered 2 shirts via paypal, but I find it odd that the company is based in hong kong according to paypal

6. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

Anyone have a white cashmere blend shirt? Is it noticeably off-white? Thinking of picking one up...

7. ivanswk

ivanswk Well-Known Member

Hi if i am suitsupply 39 slim fit, should i go for tokyo slim 39-87

Thanks

8. chizhang001001

chizhang001001 Senior member

just a heads up, their shirt tail is cut really high, even though front and back length is normal, the side length is really short for tucking in.

9. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

what time(US EST) does the online shop tend to restock? Everytime I come home from work the new shirts are always sold out

10. Spex

Spex Senior member

This is just a hunch, but I wonder if they restock it the same time as their Japanese site (maybe it's the same team of people who do this). I check the Japanese site frequently and have noticed that new items seem so appear around 9pm-10pm (Eastern Time) in the evening. I then also check the next morning when I get up. I've often seen things on the Japanese site that will then be sold out by the time I get home from work that day.

11. aaronj15

aaronj15 Senior member

interesting. I get home around 6pm-ish(est) and the "new arrivals" are already sold out in the size I'm looking for. I'll check again later in the evening and see if new styles pop up

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  12. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

I wear 39 slim in SuSu and 39/87 in tokyo slim kamakura. Tokyo slim is noticeable slimmer. I don't know about the ny slim fit kamakura, but I bet its more similar to SuSu slim,

1 person likes this.
  13. ivanswk

ivanswk Well-Known Member

Thanks manage to get the shirt and 39 is really too slim for me, manage to get it return and now happy with a 40-84 tokyo slim fit. Cheers

14. killerfrenzi

killerfrenzi Well-Known Member

I have friends visiting Hong Kong soon. Does anyone know if the japanese online store (shirt.co.jp) is restricted to ship within japan only? I know it's a little cheaper with japan store prices.

15. Spex

Spex Senior member

For anyone who has (or has tried on) both the regular dress shirts and the knit shirts, which size of knit works for you? The NY Slim 39-90 dress shirts are perfect, but I'm not sure if I should get a NY knit in S or M. On one hand, I hear the knits will stretch, but on the other hand I hear they may shrink more in the wash as well.

16. mljs54

mljs54 Senior member

How is the quality of their OCBDs relative to the competition in the same price range (sub $100)?

17. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

There OCBDs are better than shirts that cost twice as much.

EDIT: These OCBDs are my favorite regardless of price. I'm sure a company like Luxire could mimic the collar roll and use a better fabric and produce you a better shirt MTM. But OTR, these are my favorite. Granted, I haven't went out in search of the worlds best OTR OCBD.

I'll add that if you see something you like and it's available in your size, pull the trigger on it. Their inventory does not last long. I've had an item that was in my cart sell as I was checking out.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I was at their store on Madison Avenue and their casual shirts look fantastic. Didn't bother trying them on though but I have them in mind when restocking. Their ties are pretty solid too.

19. mljs54

mljs54 Senior member

Sounds good. The shirts look great from pics I've seen online. Luckily I am in NYC so I will check out their Madison Ave store this weekend.

20. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

quality is outstanding as others have said, but sizing does not follow US conventions. I really like their construction but fit does not work for me. If you're in NYC, definitely worth checking out in person.