• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lumia

Reaction score
Thoughts on those Anniversary shirts? It says there is a pocket but it shows none and instead has the logo on it. Was thinking of getting one for more casual settings that don't require me to tuck it in.

TonioKroger

Reaction score
I understand about MTM shirts...but if you are making them up in pinpoint or oxford cloth, you have a shirt for years and years that only gets better with age. I'm not much for variety- I like to find one or two things that are perfect and get multiples. Still looking to produce the perfect button down...like the Kamakura fit and now I want higher quality pinpoint than their day-to-day cloth. I have a feeling Thomas Mason's pinpoint fabrics are just the weight and sheen I like.

TonioKroger

Reaction score
The anniversary shirt seems more for the owners than the customers as I can't see myself in a shirt with a logo. It looks like a gift given at a corporate bar-b-que.

TonioKroger

Reaction score
Chambray has been washed (machine, then ironed damp) and it has softened up nicely. Very versatile, I may get another. does that make me weird?

I own so many Kamakura shirts I can't comment on your weirdness...I love them. Those knit shirts of theirs are amazing...

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just received my order, paid 34€ of duties.
I've ordered an Ivy Chambray NY Fit in size M for me and a Tokyo Fit Oxford for a friend,

I will take some pics with a BB ESF Oxford comparision and I will post them later.

I tried on the chambray and I am very happy, it is very nice, very slim and tapered,

Just for curiosity I noticed that:

-Spare buttons aren't supplied, it's this the standard?
-I have the fifth button marked "400 Madison" and all the others are plain shell, is this normal?

Thanks

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TK, I guess what I'm asking is of anyone feels the chambray is too distinctive to have more than one of?

If they aren't sold out in my sizes I would have ordered another one slighty bigger.
One slimmer to tuck in, another more comfy to be weared untucked.

Considering also that they will age and loose colour naturally isn't so strange to buy more than one, I'm with you :D

TonioKroger

Reaction score
I like the knits too, and the linens! Bought the brown Bengal stripe pinpoint the other day. Oddly, the only shirt I'm not enamored with is the ocbd.

I get it...my oxford cloth button down from them is a good 'day to day' shirt- but the cloth is not exactly to my taste. The pinpoint is a great fit and nice everyday fabric for me. The knits are genius; I have thee blue pique, three beige, and lots of whites...

TonioKroger

Reaction score
@TK, I guess what I'm asking is of anyone feels the chambray is too distinctive to have more than one of?

I buy in multiples when I find something I want for a long time. I have never, or rarely, been sorry.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here some pics, capture the colour and texture of this fabric is a challenge...

kamakura1_zpsf8115710.jpg

kamakura2_zpsee5258a4.jpg

kamakura3_zps2b534bd8.jpg

Here the Light Blue Kamakura Oxford near a White BB that I have still packed, honestly the collar of the Kakamura looks lifeless...worn it's a lot better.
The oxford used is very gentle and soft compared to the stiff oxford used by BB.

kamakura4_zpsd7c5edc7.jpg

Cloth Close Up - Blue BB vs Light Blue Kamakura:

kamakura5_zpsaabe5cce.jpg

Collar Point:

Brooks Brothers: 8,5 cm
Chambray: 8 cm
Kamakura Oxford: 9,5 cm

Just for reference:

-Ivy Chambray NY Fit - Size M:

Pit to Pit: cm 54
Sleeve from shoulder seam: cm 65,5

-Oxford Tokyo Fit - Size 15 3/4-33:

Pit to Pit: cm 55
Sleeve from shoulder seam: cm 62

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads