• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Spex

Reaction score
I don't check this thread (or SF in general) that often anymore. I'm glad I caught wind of this sale, since NY Slim is my fit and I haven't had the chance to order things from Japan for a while. Managed to scoop up my first knit shirt from Kamakura, a cashmere blend shirt and a Sciolto one-piece collar for $100 total. Kinda excited.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Long time Kamakura lurker. Finally bought a few shirts that arrived today via the pre-Black Friday Sale. Is it just me, or are the collars on their cutaways on the tiny side? Maybe I'm just used to shirt with a little more collar presence.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time Kamakura lurker. Finally bought a few shirts that arrived today via the pre-Black Friday Sale. Is it just me, or are the collars on their cutaways on the tiny side? Maybe I'm just used to shirt with a little more collar presence.
Smalller than most other brands. I love KK shirts, but for spread collars I will need to wear under a suit lapel (with a tie and buttoned) they sometimes aren't large enough to rest under the lapels.

I mainly stick to their button-down collars for this reason.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Smalller than most other brands. I love KK shirts, but for spread collars I will need to wear under a suit lapel (with a tie and buttoned) they sometimes aren't large enough to rest under the lapels.

I mainly stick to their button-down collars for this reason.
Duly noted. Wish I had known this before diving in. It’s not that they don’t reach under the lapel; they just barely do. I just wish the collar had more of a presence. Live and learn. I’ve heard their BDs are legendary for their rolls.

Spex

Reaction score
All three of the shirts I.bought had wider spread collars, the first of my Kamakura shirts to have them. I don’t find them to be terrible, but I think I still prefer my Eton shirt collars.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checked out the store in NYC five years ago.
Thought the collar points were too short.
Apparently, they still are.

Allen22

Reaction score
Could somebody point me out on the page with the actual size chart? Couldn't find it on the new site.

theh00d

Reaction score
Wished they would restock the denim/chambray button downs in tokyo slim fit : (

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could somebody point me out on the page with the actual size chart? Couldn't find it on the new site.
This one?

Megakurth

Reaction score
I bought 5 MTM Palpa easy care twill shirts a few months back and have been very impressed with how they wear as well as the easy maintenance (cold wash and throw on a hanger). I find the blend wears softer and much cooler than traditional non-iron treated cotton.

Jay.C

Reaction score
Ordered some shirts back in the pre-black friday sale. The most impressive product was the cashmere blend shirt. It was super soft and had no wool itchy feel. I also have some other fine cashmere/ cashmere blend products from Sunspel or John Smedley. But those still somewhat itchy for me. My first thought was "Damn, I should've bought more of this thing" So I ordered some more shirts in the Black Friday weekend. Looking forward to receive those shirts.

c0ldfusion

Reaction score
Ordered some shirts back in the pre-black friday sale. The most impressive product was the cashmere blend shirt. It was super soft and had no wool itchy feel. I also have some other fine cashmere/ cashmere blend products from Sunspel or John Smedley. But those still somewhat itchy for me. My first thought was "Damn, I should've bought more of this thing" So I ordered some more shirts in the Black Friday weekend. Looking forward to receive those shirts.
Yeah they're great! I bought some retail before the NYC store shutdown.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.