• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

bamgrinus

Reaction score
Sigh, I stayed on the email list because I wanted to get a notice about a fukubukuro, but so many emails. Sorry Yoshio, I'm sure you're a lovely person, but I don't really need to read a shirt blog every week.

georgeka

Reaction score
I need sizing help here. My wardrobe consists of Eton's shirts almost exclusively. Their contemporary fit (size 42) is perfect for me. I'm pretty big guy 187cm (6′2″) height and 95kg (209lbs). What fit and probably size should I pick?

Perhaps this is odd question, but as I'm located in EU there is no web store or retailer which has them in stock, hence I have to order directly, pay duties and not being able to return without loosing money.

Last edited:

papado

Reaction score
I need sizing help here. My wardrobe consists of Eton's shirts almost exclusively. Their contemporary fit (size 42) is perfect for me. I'm pretty big guy 187cm (6′2″) height and 95kg (209lbs). What fit and probably size should I pick?

Perhaps this is odd question, but as I'm located in EU there is no web store or retailer which has them in stock, hence I have to order directly, pay duties and not being able to return without loosing money.
Kamakura doesn't really work that well for larger sizes--their size 42 shirts will all be bigger in the chest than the Eton ones based on size charts I've seen so you'd need to know specific measurements first and then compare against the charts.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no idea, but I would just merge the inventory now they got warehouse in jersey with their online store...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I have to say: my pocket square from them is underwhelming. The silk is very stiff and gets wrinkled like nobody's business.

Anyway I'm planning to stop by the Ginza store when in Tokyo next month. Maybe there will be something I want (I mean, there will be, but I don't need anything else).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's about a 50% markup on international and USA orders from the Japan store. Have fun in ginza
Its a bit too early for me are you saying its cheaper in us or japan (i cam also get tax refund in Japan)

ruzzi

Reaction score
Looking at buying my first Kamakura shirt. Can't try on as I'm in Australia. Looking at the Slim Sport Oxfords.

5'10" 145 pounds. Neck doesn't matter as don't wear ties. Would 38-85 work?

Measurements sound right but not sure about shrinkage. Thank you!

shortlefty

Reaction score
Looking at buying my first Kamakura shirt. Can't try on as I'm in Australia. Looking at the Slim Sport Oxfords.

5'10" 145 pounds. Neck doesn't matter as don't wear ties. Would 38-85 work?

Measurements sound right but not sure about shrinkage. Thank you!
Pretty minor shrinkage in my experience.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.