1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Todd Shelton which focuses on basic pieces customized to fit your body and your tastes.

Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

I am not a woman and I use tote bags... am I doing it wrong?

2. HJT93

HJT93 Member

Hi All

I'm curious to know whether anyone can speak to the quality, cut, etc. of the Napoli dress shirts? In particular, I'm really curious to know how they look with a tie...

Also, do people think the fusing on the firenze button-down collar shirt will minimise (or even augment) its collar roll? I love the idea of a slightly bigger button down, but would hate to lose the oh-so-precious roll for which we so love Kamakura.

Thoughts much appreciated.

Best
    Harry

3. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

I like the Napoli shirt for the fit, I can't tell quality of clothe really apart. It definitely fits slimmer than equivalent Tokyo slim. It looks good with tie, can't find a picture now though...

4. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior Member

I'm on the fence with Kamakura. I've got a few shirts that I really like and a few that have a slightly odd cut or the fabric is not great. The one piece collars were particularly disappointing on both of this fronts (floppy collar and a textured fabric I didn't like) but I thought I'd give the Firenze shirts a go. They arrived today and look and feel pretty good. Will assess again after a wash, iron and wear.

20171106_112038.jpg

5. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Senior Member

those shirts look nice. Keep us posted.

6. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Distinguished Member

that's a good looking collar. Definitely interested in how they fare wrinkles-wise after a wash. Is the fit similar to the Manhattan?

7. mythage

mythage Senior Member

Haven't bought these in a while and I think they changed some of their products? Can anyone shed insight?
    It used to be tokyo/tokyo slim and ny/ny slim fits but now I'm browsing the website and there's a manhattan fit, is that ny slim? What's the equivalent of the old tokyo slim fit shirts? thanks in adv

8. clee1982

There is Tokyo slim Manhattan fit and Tokyo slim “old stock”, just slightly different fit I would take same size.

9. mythage

mythage Senior Member

Thanks.
    So now on the website there's
    Tokyo slim
    Tokyo normal
    Ny slim
    Ny normal
    Napoli shirts
    Firenze shirts
    Vintage ivy
    Knit shirts
    Am I missing any? I read your comment about the napoli shirts above but can anyone comment on the firenze and vintage ivy fit compared to tokyo slim from before? Thanks a bunch
    I bought some normal tokyo slim shirts and oxfords when I visited tokyo two years ago and got 38-85 and they are just a bit tight now and sleeves shrunk a bit making them too short after a wash so looking to pick up some new shirts
    I also bought a bunch of the knit shirts which I like a lot in tall-medium but they are a bit tight at the armpits compared to tokyo slim and cut in a little bit.

Real jealous of NYCers wish I could go in to do a fitting

10. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior Member

The Blue Oxford fabric is good. Reasonably soft and doesn't wrinkle too much. The white one is quite thin and wrinkles quite badly. Fit wise they are fine after a cold wash.

I generally get my shirts via Luxire at various fabric price points and I can't see these being good enough for me to change.

11. Spex

Spex Senior Member

There should be size charts on the site for each type of shirt. Here is the breakdown of different models as I see it.I categorize Napoli and Firenze shirts under "Tokyo" fits based on the sleeve lengths available:

Tokyo Fits:
    Classic(old version and Manhattan)
    Slim (old version and Manhattan)
    Knit
    Linen
    Napoli
    Firenze
    Vintage Ivy
    Other Casual shits

NY Fits:
    Classic(old version and Manhattan)
    Slim (old version and Manhattan)
    Knit
    Linen
    Vintage Ivy (and occasionally other casual shirts)

12. mythage

mythage Senior Member

Thanks for the list I'll do some research on the fits and maybe try out a new shirt or two
    Hopefully they have a sale during black friday like last year

13. clee1982

Did it work for you? I always thought Firenze is a cheaper version of their made in Italy stuff (which I do like), if fit is more less the same I'm happy saving $60 per shirt...

14. TyroneTornado

TyroneTornado Member

I own 3 OCBDs from Kamakura... all Tokyo Slim Fit, size 40-84. These are all the old model (not Manhattan) and they fit almost perfectly. For additional reference, I also own many Brooks Brothers Milano fit in 15.5/32.

I want to buy some new OCBDs. What changes have been made with the new Manhattan model? Will I need a new size?

15. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

+1
    have the collars changed in size or shape or spread or anything? looking at getting a NY slim fit OCBD and it is manhattan fit