Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Jan 25, 2013.

1. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Picked up my first Kamakura at the NY shop a couple of days ago. I can't compare how the new "Manhattan" slim fits compared to the old ones, but this fits me great. Most of my OCBDs are from BB, mostly MiUSA and milano and the old BB "extra slim" fit.

Got fitted. My neck size remains the same but I ended up getting a 34" arm. I'm usually a 32/32 or 33 in BB. Never a 34.

Collar roll is great. Also, rather than get the thick oxford cloth, I went with this "panama" cloth, which is lightweight. They had a thinner fabric that was more see through (can't remember what it was called). Passed on it b/c I sometimes I wear my shirts w/o an undershirt and was afraid my nips would show.

Great service and signed up for their frequent buyer club.
    [​IMG]

2. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

You may be thinking of Leno cloth.

3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

@coolarrow how does the Panama cloth feel on the skin?

4. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

It kind of feels like brand new linen, not super soft. Kind of in the middle between soft sea island cotton and a harsh, starchy shirt. I should launder it, hang dry before I wear it to see how it comes out. However, I can't wait to wear it. I'll wear it this week.

5. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

ah that's interesting, I didn't expect that. Please post a quick feedback once you've worn the shirt if you can

6. SCH00

SCH00 Active Member

Seems like they've redone their website recently. Pretty much all of the TSF 38/85 shirts are out of stock, as well. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Also interested if anyone has bought the new 'sciolto' spread collar Panama shirts and their opinions of them. Limited sizing options for those is a bit annoying.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Just got my first Sciltos. This is the Leno. Also got a solid blue in the Panama fabric, but haven't opened yet.

Fits like a dream, I think I found my One Shirt. Gonna have to order more.

IMG_9887.JPG