Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Eustace Tilley, Jan 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mosivy

mosivy Well-Known Member

I tried one on in-store. The changes are pretty accurately described as a slimmer waist and slightly smaller collar style. If you find your waist currently snug, then maybe size up?

2. mosivy

mosivy Well-Known Member

I don't own any Ascot Chang, but I imagine from what I have read that they are higher in quality. Kamakura offers incredible quality, especially at the price. But Ascot Chang costs more than twice the price for a reason!

3. CharlesThe1337

CharlesThe1337 Well-Known Member

I tried going from a 39-83 to a 40-84. It worked decently, but it's amazing how much of a difference it made. It went from borderline too tight, to definitely too "full". I'm just waiting until I have an opportunity to take it to the tailors to have the sides taken in.

The only other thing I could think of would be to get an NY slim, but I'd have to have the sleeves taken up. The 35" sleeves would be waaaaay to long for me, as 32.5 is spot on.

Thank you for your reply!

4. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

I really like Kamakura's new one piece collar shirts and manhattan fit. Here it is in the wild:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  5. Turner

Turner Senior member

The collars of the Scilto shirts are very nice, but unfortunately the sleeves are very short. Something like 85-86 cm / 32 inches at size 42.

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

85~86 is like 33.5~34 in no? I have the 37 (i.e. 14.5in, a bit small for my size, but don't expect to button) and 81cm, i.e ~32 in was ok for me. I guess I could go to 39, but body would be too big

7. Turner

Turner Senior member

You're right, I would prefer this beautiful shirts with longer sleeves. Normally I wear the Tokyo Slim Fit in 41/89.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  8. Colrais

Colrais Well-Known Member

How is Kamakura's linen quality?

9. Spex

Spex Senior member

I have a NY fit linen shirt. I like the material. More crisp than, for example, Uniqlo linen shirts. I wear a NY Slim Fit shirt in 39/90 and I went for a size S NY linen shirt. The sleeves are a good length (I don't want them too long for a summer shirt) and the body is quite slim. I could have gone for a size M if I wanted it to fit more casually, but the S fits nicely when tucked in and looks tailored. I'd like to get more of these. Maybe I'll have the wife pick one up when she's back in Japan this summer.

10. 1969

1969 Senior member

New Vintage Ivy shirts and a new price - $99. Still a good deal but 2 shirts shipped for $160 was impossible to beat.

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, a bit of a bummer but I ordered the navy foulard print and the light blue OCBD yesterday anyway.

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

Foulard looks cool and begs for some wayfarer style sunglasses. Insert slayer emoji.