• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kalra's true identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

avtar

Reaction score
Well - I have confirmed that Kalra is not Lakshmi Mittal. Mr. Mittal is still in Indonesia and wouldn't have to deal with London traffic.  I do however realize it is still his word against mine.  So I have decided to see what everyone else thinks. Of course the I know the truth and have read all the inconsistancies.  But is there anyone out there who really believes in Kalra?

kalra2411

Reaction score
I think you are being ridiculous avatar, just speak to me in person if you doubt me.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Though I do feel that this is an interesting poll.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avtar and Kalra:

I am sure I know who voted what so early in the game and I suspect that my poll earlier in the AM feuled the existence of this...

So, here is my feeling.

The poll is really unnecessary.

Who cares if Kalra likes to think (whether he is or isnt) LM?

Live and let live.

Let those that want to fantasize fantasize so long as it doesnt harm anyone. you dont like his posts, dont read em.

JJF

kalra2411

Reaction score
Avtar, come to think of it, I doubt that you have met me, or your father works for me. For the simple reason that, (I am assuming here that you are in America) I rarely, if ever speak to any of my employees in the US, except those who are in very senior positions, moreover, no Indian is in a senior position in ISPAT Inland (as you will know, if you are telling the truth, is my US division).

In addition, I cannot remember speaking to a child of an employee in the US ever.

I say it over and over, if you are so sure, just speak to me in person, I have no problem.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am uncomfortable with any topic whose sole purpose is to disparage another person. We've gone through similar ad-hominem postings on this and the Ask Andy board, and I don't know what positive purpose it could serve.

If you've got issues with Kalra's positions on something, then go ahead and state your objections. I was pretty sure I caught him in some bs a while back discussing cars. His response led me to believe that I perhaps don't know as much as I thought about how the supercar world works. I'm still not completely convinced as to his veracity, but I'm not really sure it matters. How do we really know anything about anyone on this board. For all anyone knows, I'm not really a bald, middle-aged, family man. Maybe I'm really writing this from a public access termnal for an institution for the criminally insane (a well dressed Hannibal, perhaps.) Why even go there.

Bottom line is that I don't think posting a "do you think Kalra is a liar" poll is appropriate. If he is who he says he is, then it's insulting. If he is just an imposter, then we should leave him and his fragile ego alone.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Bottom line is that I don't think posting a "do you think Kalra is a liar" poll is appropriate.
I think that is well put.  We all have unique usernames that may or may be an accurate identification of ourselves.  I am sure it may some as a shock to some of you, but I am not really a prince.  And on this forum, the person who goes by Kalra2411 has a true identity.  Who he is in his "real life" is insignificant.  The only interaction I have with him is on the style forum. In this forum he chose to be identified as Kalra2411, and I will honor his wishes as I do with every member.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was really annoyed at kalra's comments towards imageWIS made in that one thread. You can probably guess what I voted for.

gqelements

Reaction score
be carefull everyone i smell "gqforum" disaster brewing

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the first two poll choices it's "Kalra", then he changes sex into "Karla". Which one is the fraud?

alexawl

Reaction score
Kalra2411,

Kalra 2411 cut the bollocks, NOW.
You are defiantly not Lakshmi Mittal, because for one thing you are, Avnish Kalra from Kinver, in West mids. Hey, and guess what I now you, you idiot and I also know Lakshmi Mittal, due to his Mayfair flat is two away from mine. What are you doing Avnish? This is madness, K-I-D, guess who?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anyone really care that much? Maybe he is - maybe he isn't, but even in the worst case scenario;
does being a poser hurt anyone? Not really.

These multiple threads trying to "expose" a fraud seem a little childish. There is actually no way for any of us to prove or disprove anything, and you are all probably wasting your time and energy thinking about it.

Why is this such a huge issue? Do we REALLY need four threads devoted to the same subject?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I was looking for an option called "I really don't care, I'm not married to him so it really doesn't matter."

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was looking for an option called "I really don't care, I'm not married to him so it really doesn't matter."
Amen to that. Whatever credibility anyone has on this board is related to the content of what he writes, not who he claims to be.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Whatever credibility anyone has on this board is related to the content of what he writes,
That is without question the best take anyone has had on this whole silliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads