1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Justin Timberlake in Esquire

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by J. Cogburn, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

My eyes are fine. I'm not saying it looks horrendous or anything, there's much worse things that wearing jacket/trousers that are too close in shade, but it just doesn't look very good.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

I agree it's not awful but it's not great either, at least I wouldn't have thought that would be good enough for a magazine cover shot.

3. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

It was probably Brittney's idea for that (based on that dress). I think any guy would have put on that suit to have been with Brit at that time.

4. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

I think it would have looked better if the colors of the jacket and pants were switched.

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

To be fair the way I've seen Timberlake dresses now on TV is so much better than he use to dress 10 years ago. I quite like how he dresses now days. And if you look beyond the Hollywood 'style icon' hate that's going through SF, you see a lot of what Timberlake is in is SF approved.

6. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I would have worn denim condoms to be with Britney back then.

7. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

the issue i have with the jacket is the same one I have with all D&G jackets, it's long and lean but lacks any sort of skirt or shape at the hips. It's like instead of curving or cutting in to create waist suppression and then going out again, it just drops off straight from the inward cut. Looks too heavy in the shoulder and chest but unbalanced by the bottom.

or am I just whistling dixie here...?

8. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

I like the color, but if the jacket was a charcoal donegal or herringbone with patch pockets, it would look less like an orphaned suit and more :slayer:

9. Chips

Chips Senior member

When I saw that cover, I hesitated to even critique the fit of the jacket ( shoulders, sleeves, etc) even though my initial impression of the jacket was positive, ( except the too long sleeves) Since they photoshop the hell out of every cover shot, who's to know if that jacket really had that shoulder contour or taper to the arms etc.

10. blahman

blahman Senior member

No point making another Timberlake thread so here goes:

Been looking at yahoo answers a bit and came across some Hollywood gossip link thing about Timberlake:

[​IMG]

I'm seeing royal blue knit tie and double monks?

11. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

[​IMG]

12. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Color combo is just bad.

Why are his sleeves always so long? Jacket is a bit too short - even for fashiony standards.

Shoes and tie are nice!

13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

wow, you guys think jt picks his own clothes? he has a paid stylist to buy him stuff, he probably doesnt even know half the brands he wears. the stylists get paid by brands and free clothes to have celebs wear their stuff.

14. J. Cogburn

J. Cogburn Senior member

Sorry, been away from the thread, but I wanted to pick this issue up.

There is a school of thought that the long, lean cut without a flair at the skirt or heavy waist suppression makes one look thin. If that's what you want your coat to do, then fine. The waist suppression and flaired skirt helps buff up your chest and make you look muscular. Decide for yourself what you want your coat to do.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011