Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Justified (on FX)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Hard2Fit, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Jekyll

Jekyll Distinguished Member

So I watched episodes 2-4 over the past few days, and I'm really starting to dig this. I really don't understand why people think that every show has to be serialized these days. Some of the coolest shows of all time had self-contained episodes. As long as they they can get good writers and guest stars, I'll be happy.

This show, the main character especially, kinda reminds me of the Rockford Files.

2. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior Member

I have to admit the show is starting to pick up and develop an actual plot, am actually going to watch last weeks episode online right now.

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

The ex-wife looked really, really hot in the last episode.

4. dibadiba

dibadiba Affiliate Vendor

I really like this show. I see what you guys were saying at first about there not appearing to be any sort of 'main storyline' for the first few episodes, but things really picked up. Boyd played his character really well, I couldn't figure out whether is whole re-born man of god thing was a clever ruse or if he was being legit.
    stoked for season 2, hopefully it'll start sooner than later

5. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior Member

Boyd played his character really well, I couldn't figure out whether is whole re-born man of god thing was a clever ruse or if he was being legit.

I find that Boyd is my favorite character in the show!

6. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Distinguished Member

I almost gave up on it after a few episodes, but the last part of the series was done very well and I'm stoked for season two. Olyphant was surprisingly convincing in his role, but the guy who played Boyd stole the show.

7. MrG

MrG Stylish Dinosaur

From the outset, the show has struck me as one that had a lot of potential, even if it took a little while to hit its stride, and that's pretty much what has happened. It wasn't outstanding early on, but it was watchable enough to keep me interested, and I'm glad I kept watching. The last few episodes have been really good.

Also, +1 to Boyd stealing the show. Olyphant is good, but right now Boyd is the best character, hands down.

I noticed this as well. She's always looked good, but it really stuck out in the last episode.

8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

She looks hot in every episode. She's many times better looking than Ava who is still pretty darn good looking... just different styles.

Here's some randomness: I never realized until the second to last episode that this is based on some stuff written by Elmore Leonard... he actually lives down the street and around the corner from my wife and I. I used to see him at the local Starbucks all the time but I stopped going there a few months back in favor of a new place.

9. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior Member

I'm actually reading "riding the rap" right now which is the sequel to "pronto", both feature raylan (olyphant's character). There are little things in each book which I've seen incorporated into the show. The show is based on "Fire in the Hole".

10. style from the heartland

style from the heartland Senior Member

Anybody know what's next for the series: since if premiered later into Spring, next mini season in late fall ? Know how many episodes are committed thus far ?

11. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I know this is ridiculous, but the scene in front of the church with all the bougainvillea (or however the hell you spell the name of the thorny vine with purple flowers) irked me. Bougwhatever won't growth north of Orlando, much less in Kentucky.

12. brimley

brimley Senior Member

Bump for the start of season two. If you missed the first season, it starts a little slow, but it is very, very good.

S2E1 isn't going to win any awards, but I'm confident they'll be able to get it cranked up soon enough.

13. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

Bump for the start of season two. If you missed the first season, it starts a little slow, but it is very, very good.

S2E1 isn't going to win any awards, but I'm confident they'll be able to get it cranked up soon enough.

It's waiting on my DVR. One of the best new shows of the past season, IMO.

14. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Distinguished Member

enjoyed it...

15. epb

epb Senior Member

enjoyed it...

Ditto. The Loretta character got a lot of good dialogue, and I hope to see her again. Mags is an idiot if she thinks Loretta will take the death of her daddy in stride - she should be careful of her own "apple pie" going forward.

The Super Bowl ads were good: and