• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Justified (on FX)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason I'm mildly excited for this.
Anyone else?

(Fwiw, I've already put the kids to bed and shut down the designated Appreciation laptop.)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
For some reason I'm mildly excited for this.
Anyone else?

(Fwiw, I've already put the kids to bed and shut down the designated Appreciation laptop.)

I want to see what role the dood from The Shield has.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to give it a shot. It has me intrigued enough to record on the DVR.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ending could have been better.
I'm still not sure why he crashed his ex-wifes crib.
May not tune in next week. . .

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the pilot was pretty decent. Can't find a torrent for the second episode though.
frown.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the habit of Tivo'ing shows that air at 10:00 p.m. and watching them in the morning.

That said, 42 min of Justified is a perfect accompaniment to my Cherios and Diet Coke on Wednesday mornings.

Each time I see TO's hat I am reminded on LabelKing and his love of the Stetson Open Road.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it some more, I believe the show has two problems that it needs to overcome if it will succeed in the long run (and perhaps a third, but we'll get there in a moment).

First, the show has little in the way of long story arcs. Each episode seems to tie up nicely with a bow on it before the end of the hour. The only potential arc, which the are advancing with galacial speed, is his relationship with his father.

Second, who in this show are we supposed to care about other than TO?

Third, is somebody gonna die in every episode? Let's try to bring down the body count and try to work out some of those story lines.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
olyphant is pretty wooden, as usual.

airblaster503

Reaction score
With FX putting out a show like Sons of Anarchy I was hoping this would be pretty good. But Bigskip hit it on the head, there doesn't seem to be much story line connecting each episode. It would be better if they developed it and left episodes open making you want to watch next weeks to see what will happen. I will give it a few more shows but if it doesn't change I will not be tuning in.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sons Of Anarchy is pretty amazing. But yah, I've been watching Justified, and the acting is great, as are the clothing choices. Now I want a cowboy hat..

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Finally watching the tivo'd episodes of this. At first I thought it was very episodic, like it was stated, not much arc...now its becoming clearer that the arc just just bigger than it appeared. I'm digging it quite a bit. It cracks me up that he's a southern dude and wears so much jcrew.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdc_2008
Finally watching the tivo'd episodes of this. At first I thought it was very episodic, like it was stated, not much arc...now its becoming clearer that the arc just just bigger than it appeared. I'm digging it quite a bit. It cracks me up that he's a southern dude and wears so much jcrew.

J. Crew is extremely well suited to Southern Style - madras, gingham, workshirts, linen, it's damn near all I wear.

I like the show a lot and I like the way they showed him getting his ass kicked. It's also funny that a native Hawaiian can pull off a pretty decent Southern drawl. He's no Sam Elliott, but neither is he Keanu Reeves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads