• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just wanted to say Hi

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, or maybe you can find a John Tesh or Michael Bolton fan club site that is sponsored by Clear Channel (like your site is) to invade... we don't all have billions of dollars to spend on bandwidth charges.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Nice catch J. Bradford
biggrin.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol....MN Gotta love the humor of those Midwesterners
Careful...I was raised in Minnesota, and have only escaped to the fashion headquarters of the midwest - North Dakota - in the last few years.
laugh.gif

Reaction score
(norcaltransplant @ Feb. 02 2005,11:51) Lol....MN Gotta love the humor of those Midwesterners
Careful...I was raised in Minnesota, and have only escaped to the fashion headquarters of the midwest - North Dakota - in the last few years. Â
laugh.gif

North Dakota ya say? LOL. Hey man, what constitutes as high fasion in North Dakota? Levi's or Dickies? Or is it just the High Sierra brand from Kmart? lol
biggrin.gif
Seriously though, ialwayslovedthatone.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey man, what constitutes as high fasion in North Dakota? Â Levi's or Dickies? Â Or is it just the High Sierra brand from Kmart?
Ought not to fool around with a resident of the world's third largest repository of nuclear warheads. Naughty, naughty.
mad.gif
Oh, and quit moving around Jimmy...it's tough to sight in this missile when you're squirming around.

johnw86

Reaction score
Ought not to fool around with a resident of the world's third largest repository of nuclear warheads. Naughty, naughty.
mad.gif
As a native North Dakotan, let me second Dakota Rube's comment. (I grew up within 5 miles of three nuclear missile silos--we didn't bother with "duck and cover" drills.)

Shurdaddy

Reaction score
CtGuy,

Lighten up...

I thought Carhartt was style of choice in NoDak.

GFY..Sincerely Rube Chat

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(j @ Feb. 02 2005,09:46) http://feedback.kfan.com/topic.a....E819814 Scroll to the bottom. BTW, do NOT retaliate in kind.
how the hell did you catch that??? btw- what losers...
I would guess its the web monitoring software that shows where the hits are coming from. I sometimes get the weirdest hits from the weirdest places. Some mafia gangsta stuff. Real question is how to staunch the bloodflow now, or is this destined to become a pain in the behind? Ignore it and it will go away? Or pursue other legal options?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I get an email every time someone registers. My email checks every minute on this computer. After seeing/hearing about 10 come in in the space of 7-8 minutes, I could tell something was up, so I went to the web stats and looked at referrers.

I would ban the ones that got through, but it's kind of entertaining. Who knows, maybe they will choose to contribute more than 'GFY'.

Shurdaddy

Reaction score
FIH,

We were just going to have some fun with you guys for a day. There is no malicious intent on the part of the rubes. It is all in good fun.

What legal options were you thinking about??? Suing someone for posting on a public message board??

Have a good day gentlemen..

JettaV

Reaction score
We are all really nice people deep down, if you would just give us a chance?

I know we would invite you with open arms into our home board

Reaction score
Real question is how to staunch the bloodflow now, or is this destined to become a pain in the behind?   Ignore it and it will go away?  Or pursue other legal options?
Thats the most unbelievably rediculous thing I've ever read.

You guys give us way too much credit.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not exactly 'public' in the way that one can piss on a 'public' street and the rain will wash it away, no harm no foul. I have to pay for the bandwidth. I don't mind harmless fun, but I can't afford an invasion, and I won't stand for having my members' discussions disrupted. I'm sure you understand.

As for legal options, there are some, but I don't think it needs to come to that.

Edit: And like I said, I don't mind if you stay, just don't be disruptive.

Reaction score
It's not exactly 'public' in the way that one can piss on a 'public' street and the rain will wash it away, no harm no foul. I have to pay for the bandwidth. I don't mind harmless fun, but I can't afford an invasion, and I won't stand for having my members' discussions disrupted. I'm sure you understand. As for legal options, there are some, but I don't think it needs to come to that. Edit: And like I said, I don't mind if you stay, just don't be disruptive.
Are 10 new members really going to put you under? If that's the case, I recommend a new service provider. Again, you give us WAY too much credit. And I would sure as hell hope it wouldn't come to legal actions. Why would it? Is it against the law to register and post on another board? Especially when, as an administrator, you have the power to make us all go away anyway? I won't disrupt anything, but don't get silly on me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads