• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Threw Out My Christmas Tree.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have to ask - those with two or 3 trees, how does that work? different rooms in the house?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
have to ask - those with two or 3 trees, how does that work? different rooms in the house?

Yep. One big one in the main room, and table-sized ones elsewhere (kids' rooms)

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Yep. One big one in the main room, and table-sized ones elsewhere (kids' rooms)

gotcha, thanks

Dewi

Reaction score

Yeah, we had one colourful one in the dining room, and one white, gold and silver type one in the living room. Both full size, and named.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ok, but you put all the presents under one, right? so that would be the main one? and do you decorate the others?

I just never thought of the idea of multiple trees - I thought it was a one per household type of thing. interesting.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ok, but you put all the presents under one, right? so that would be the main one? and do you decorate the others?

I just never thought of the idea of multiple trees - I thought it was a one per household type of thing. interesting.

We do multiple trees - one big real one and a smaller fake one in the dining room - also one or two little tabletop thingies but they don't really count. The smaller fake one has a "beach" theme because my wife used to have a place at the beach (pre-Douglas) and she had some beach-y ornaments for that tree.

We don't put the presents under our tree though. There's no way they'd fit. Besides, the trees we usually have have too many low branches for you to really get anything under there. Instead, our whole living room looked like Hallmark threw up in it.

Our tree won't come down til next weekend. Gotta keep it up for all 12 days.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I am sad, the end of my favorite time of the year. Just wanted to vent. That is all.
Why did you throw out your tree on the Ninth Day of Christmas? You should keep it through all twelve days ... then burn it on the Epiphany (6 Jan).

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Different houses ... and a boat.

Dewi

Reaction score

We decorated both with lights, ornaments, garland, topper, etc, and since we had both sides of the family over this year (15 people all told, between my family and significant others, and her side and significant others), we ended up putting presents under both trees.

I geek out at Christmastime. It's probably my favourite holiday of the year, followed closely by Guy Fawkes' Night (which no one seems to celebrate in Atlanta, sadly).

Tristan.sf

Reaction score
I loathe artificial trees. Perhaps I will burn it on Epiphany.
smile.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tristan.sf
I loathe artificial trees.

Perhaps I will burn it on Epiphany.

Careful now. The fumes might be poisonous!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tristan.sf
I loathe artificial trees.

Perhaps I will burn it on Epiphany.

Careful now. The fumes might be poisonous!

Why many years ago I helped a friend bun her synthetic bra ... but that's a different story.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mine is going tonight but i am happy because the dog is coming wednesday

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
mine is going tonight but i am happy because the dog is coming wednesday

Whaddya get? We just got rid of ours, which is why we got the tree in the first place

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics