• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just sold some jeans on ebay

Innocent Bystander

Reaction score
I sold these on ebay and the guy emails me to say that he's not happy and asks if they are authentic gap jeans. I looked at my description and the only thing I messed up was the right/left thing. Anyway, what am I supposed to tell him? Both are still listed on their website.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you tried replying with an answer?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly,

Tell the dude to F off, he paid $6.50 for 2 pairs of jeans. What an a hole. If the listing is accurate, the jeans are as described and you sent the items with tracking (if you sent UPS ground there should not be a problem) then stand by your sale.

james nicolas

Reaction score
he payed 6.50 for two pairs of jeans

tell him to stfu

edit: haha, adamha21 beat me to it

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because "authentic gap" is so pricey and desirable.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look authentic to me.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
he payed 6.50 for two pairs of jeans

tell him to stfu

although i agree with you, to make sure he doesnt cost you an additional 10 dollars (if he files a claim and paypal takes your money away, they will charge you an additional 10 dollars )

rather try to see if you can work with him first.

he does sound like an a hole, and most likely he may file a complaint against the op just because he can.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2763.l1259

I sold these on ebay and the guy emails me to say that he's not happy and asks if they are authentic gap jeans. I looked at my description and the only thing I messed up was the right/left thing. Anyway, what am I supposed to tell him? Both are still listed on their website.

Argh, I'd really like those 33x30s. If he doesn't want them please let me know, the 34s I have are too big.

james nicolas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
just tell him that they can be returned for refund

but minus shipping.

then let's see if he thinks it still worth being an a-hole about it.

+1

and he'd have to pay for shipping back too
he'd have to be an idiot to return them then because shipping would be more than his refund after fees

keikun13

Reaction score
Yea I've had to deal with people like this on eBay from time to time, and now since they changed the feedback system, it's even worse for sellers. I would just try to work it out as best you can, but in the end, he really has the leverage on you.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
"Authentic"...?
**** off.

Who would bother to counterfeit Gap? The items would probably be of higher quality that way anyway!

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Who would bother to counterfeit Gap? The items would probably be of higher quality that way anyway!

There are actually. And GAP outside of the US actually have decent styles & reputation.

Originally Posted by adamha21
Honestly,

Tell the dude to F off, he paid $6.50 for 2 pairs of jeans. What an a hole. If the listing is accurate, the jeans are as described and you sent the items with tracking (if you sent UPS ground there should not be a problem) then stand by your sale.

That line of reasoning won't help in an eBay/PayPal dispute though.

Originally Posted by Tarmac
have you tried replying with an answer?

+1

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
There are actually. And GAP outside of the US actually have decent styles & reputation. That line of reasoning won't help in an eBay/PayPal dispute though. +1
I've sold and bought a ton of stuff on eBay. I have a feedback rating over 140. Had to deal with a bunch of A holes before. I've always covered ****** i.e. described the item very accurately, stated unless the item was not as I described it was a final sale, provided pictures, and item tracking. I don't mean to sound arrogant by saying all of this, but I have never lost a dispute with Paypal and I've had 4 or 5 against me from people who just didn't like the item, didn't fit if it were clothing, realized they paid too much, or claimed they never got it. I would always suggest talking with the person and asking them what the issue is (while privately telling them to f off), but I would stand by the sale if the seller had done everything right, and it appears in this case he has. I would even mention to the seller if you come to an impasse, you can certainly take this up with a Paypal dispute (explain to them the grounds for filing--which in these cases the buyer's reasoning is never appropriate) and tell them the information you would be providing Paypal if they decide to do so. They will NEVER file once you do that. Game over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads