1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Just sharing my evenings work

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jamsy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. jamsy

jamsy New Member

Hi all,

1st post thought I would share my evenings work.

I recently bought a pair of Grenson Archie brogues in tan, once I got the sizing right I loved them. Just spent the evening taking them from the light tan to a medium but really deep redish brown (with polish not dye). Now I adore them, considering wearing them to bed!

Photos don't do them justice but here they are:

[​IMG]

As you can see, I still have some work to do. In the flesh they look delicious.

[​IMG]

The flash shows some of the original colour (yes I did take the laces out, I know it doesn't look like I did!).

I just ordered a couple of pairs of Trickers. Two pairs because one has the Dainite sole, which I am a bit dubious about. It looks thinner than the double leather. Will see what its like when it gets here. Got one pair in tan, going to get a similar treatment to the Grensons. The other (Dainite) are duo tone cap toes which look really nice, but they had sold out of the leather sole and aren't doing any more.

This pic is of the leather sole caps, cant bring myself to post a pic of the Dainite ones!

[​IMG]

Here are the almost standard ones (keen eyes will spot the natural sole and brass eyelets)

[​IMG]

Will post back when I get them and let you know if I keep the caps! Could get them resoled I suppose....

Regards

James

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Welcome to Styleforum jamsy. Enjoy your shoes in good health.

3. jamsy

jamsy New Member

Well the Trickers came through.....Not what I was expecting.

They are a lot less chunky in the flesh, to be honest the finishing was sloppy, looked like a cheapo pair of shoes next to the Grenson Archie's

They went back!

I have now embarked on learning to make my own shoes. Visiting Springline some time next week to have a Bespoke last made. Then going to A & A Crack and Sons to sort out some leather!

Will let you know what happens.

James