• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just received my first Carlo Franco tie

BrooklynMike

Reaction score
So, I decided to order this tie from Carlo Franco:

http://carlofranco.com/revision0305/...images/ties/24

I figured $59 was a pretty good deal considering the acclaim these ties have received on the message boards. So, details. I ordered on Tuesday, so getting it on Friday was pretty nice. It was packaged in a Carlo Franco box within a USPS box, with tissue paper for cushioning.

The tie itself is absolutely gorgeous. The color is much more rich than appears on the website. Also, it feels very substantial in my hands, implying that it will last a long time. The tie feels like it could hold up a few hundred pounds without a problem. No doubt that this thing is definitely up to par with the Kiton and Brioni ties I just picked up, if not better. I also stopped in Century 21 on the way home, and the Zegna and Battistoni ties I looked at there have nothing on the CF. Please note, I don't know much about ties, so I'm pretty much operating on instinct here.

Another important thing is that the tie arrived in absolutely perfect condition. I hate finding a tie in a store that I like only to find some loose threads or creases from too many people handling them. Perhaps that is a benefit of CF having total control over their goods. For example, I found this stunning Kiton tie at the Barney's Wearhouse sale that had threads coming out all over. Something like that can drive me bananas.

While I'd hesitate to pay $165 for any tie (except that one messed up Kiton for which I would have actually paid the full $215 or whatever), whcih is where the new CF ties are priced, for $59 this is simply an outrageous value. The next time CF throws a sale I'm ordering 3 or 4 ties because the quality is just phenomenal for the money. Second thought, I think I would pay $165 for a CF tie, perhaps this one:

http://carlofranco.com/revision0305/...ages/ties/S101

chrisc

Reaction score
I happen to like this tie here. It's just gorgeous.
main5yg.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisc
I happen to like this tie here. It's just gorgeous.
main5yg.jpg

I have that one. It is a beauty! Like VG, I also have three CF ties and they are quite amazing (one of them is sort-of visible in the pic of mine in the Member Pictures thread).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads