• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just picked up some cheap shoes...

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shipping is ridiculous but otherwise a heck of a deal.

Are you the same DiscoStu the ebay seller?

FCS

Reaction score
$9.99 S&H is ridiculous?

Btw, I assume those are from the "Signature" line?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at the bottom of the auction it shows $20 as shipping... that's what I saw, didn't see the different prices in the description.

MikeF

Reaction score
Even $20 shipping isn't ridiculous if the buyer agrees to it.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
yes i just ran into that problem, as they're wanting $20 for shipping when it clearly says in 2 places sshipping is 9.99. i am not paying 20 for shipping. she emailed back that she "forgot to remove the 9.99" price. sorry, but that's the price i'll pay.

yes i'm the same as on ebay

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
She obviously has no leg to stand on as she has it listed twice in large type specifically as "50 US States: $9.99". Even where she has her $20 listing it says "See Description".

People like that really give ebay a bad name. Let us know how it works out.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lance,

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to buy those rather pedestrian Ferragamos?  Aren't your expectations set a bit higher after handling some of the merchandise that passes through your hands?  They're nice shoes, but, but, I've drooled over some of the Gravati's and Lattanzi's you've offered in the past.

Ever since joining this board, my expectations of luxury and quality have gradually escalated, and I mean escalated, after browsing and purchasing some of the brands and goods described in this forum.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Norcal,

I too since joining this forum have had some escalation in my tastes. My formerly wonderful Church's Famous English Shoes have become so-so. The Gravati shoes I have (that I paid the same as the many pairs of Church's I have) are so much nicer.

10 years from now I'll end up penniless in the streets, wearing a pair of custom-made Lobbs.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
sorry i didn't see the action on this thread.  i got them b/c
1. they were cheap
2. i'll wear them hard w/o socks and won't worry about having spent $250ish for them
3. yes i get used to handling lattanzi and gravati, but since i rarely, if ever, get any in my size, i don't "study" them as much as you would expect.  probably good b/c i'd keep most of the 12s i liked anyways.  just bought 2 pair at Korshak, one mantellassi 3/4 ankle monk walking boot and one chocolate gravati suede lace up, at full retail which wasn't all that fun ($860) but i was in the mood

shoes are a quirky thing.  i get a lot in taht i really like but sometimes they just don't sell (like those honey brown lattanzis i have now, sold the other 3 at 875 but this one pair is still here and i think 900 is a good deal b/c of the scarcity of these shoes), and others i get in i don't care for and they will sell.  i just thought these were basic enough and cheap enough that i can beat them up and it won't matter, or if they don't fit right or i don't like them, either resell them or donate to goodwill

keep watching my auctions though.  i'm working a deal that could bring in a good amount of a certain brand that EVERYONE loves and would want.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Lance: I know I shouldn't be asking this- but what size are the Lattanzis? Â
tounge.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
keep watching my auctions though. i'm working a deal that could bring in a good amount of a certain brand that EVERYONE loves and would want.

Lobb perhaps?

Although I would prefer Bonora or Berluti.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads