• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just ordered first pair of skinny jeans.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these types of threads are what keep me coming back to SF. so informative.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
these types of threads are what keep me coming back to SF. so informative.

it's like a crack addiction

Gutman

Reaction score
511's aren't that skinny by today's standards. I would say they are just a slim-cut jean. I tried 568's (rigid), but they were too tight through the thigh. I suppose 568 in Australasia is the same as 510? They are the skinniest Levi's you can get here.

Gekkonomics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
congrats gekkonomics, you just ordered levi's skinniest cut
still, if you're getting into skinny jeans (which as a recovering skinny jean addict i don't recommend), get 511s. they're a reasonable "skinny" cut. with both 510s and 511s, you're only out ~36 bucks if you don't like 'em and can't returrn 'em for whatever reason.
although, at least you didnt get like sized-down-3 NCs, cheap monday tights or any similar ballcrushers. i had a pair of black 510 twills and they were reasonably comfortable, even for my huge ass

I paid $48 for these

Macallan9

Reaction score
124722683322s.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ate a gas station bean burrito. It should arrive in my toilet sometime later today.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I just ate a gas station bean burrito. It should arrive in my toilet sometime later today.

Speaking of gas stations, I filled up my tank at one the other day. The gas arrived from the pump to my car almost instantaneously.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
511's aren't that skinny if you go TTS. And that's coming from someone who was wearing loose/baggy jeans three years ago and relaxed bootcuts until this year.

I just took the plunge with the twill 511s. Seem like a comfortable warm weather type of pant. My only gripe is the waist for them seem to only come in even sizes, which forced me to size up one. Perhaps for the best, though, since the result for me is a slimmer cut that doesn't leave my legs breathing for air. Trying to size down made 'em look like gray shrink wrap.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
511's aren't that skinny if you go TTS. And that's coming from someone who was wearing loose/baggy jeans three years ago and relaxed bootcuts until this year.

I just took the plunge with the twill 511s. Seem like a comfortable warm weather type of pant. My only gripe is the waist for them seem to only come in even sizes, which forced me to size up one. Perhaps for the best, though, since the result for me is a slimmer cut that doesn't leave my legs breathing for air. Trying to size down made 'em look like gray shrink wrap.

I think that was a good move.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads