• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Just noticed some "damage" on my RRDS from Revolve

DGP

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,100
Reaction score
0
And it was ALL Revolve's fault. Somehow, I missed this when first unpacking the jeans, but I looked today, where they had stuck on the size sticker (theirs) on the leather waistband patch, the "N" was completely stripped off. You could still see the outline of the glue, so I know it was that, and not my belt. The bottom of the "N" was in tact. Now, this isn't a huge deal, my belt will cover it, but besides the 30% off for first-timers, the entire Revolve experience has been really crappy.

Also, not Revolve's fault, but I just noticed a tiny loop of orange thread sticking off just to the right of the row of orange stitchin right below the fly. Probably not attached to anything, but still, I didn't want to pull it out just in case.

In any case, while the price I paid may make up for this, it isn't entirely the experience I'd hoped for.
 

DGP

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,100
Reaction score
0
Well, sent them an email, got one back from the customer service manager who just said that a new pair would arrive tomorrow. That's what I call service! I guess I was wrong to assume that everythign there got bungled.
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
4
The RRDS I received from Revolve had several orange threads hanging around loosely. However, the sticker in my case did not damage anything.

Stelios
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,846
Reaction score
18,225
Originally Posted by DGP
Well, sent them an email, got one back from the customer service manager who just said that a new pair would arrive tomorrow. That's what I call service! I guess I was wrong to assume that everythign there got bungled.

I've never had a problem with Revolve that didn't get resolved promptly...

Their male models also make me feel like a god...


Fok.
 

DGP

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,100
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by skalogre
The RRDS I received from Revolve had several orange threads hanging around loosely. However, the sticker in my case did not damage anything.

Stelios



Maybe the thread thing is just a RRDS thing. The only part that concerned me in this case was the fact that it was a tiny loop, which doesn't just usually hang off for no reason, but we'll see what the new one looks like.
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by DGP
Maybe the thread thing is just a RRDS thing. The only part that concerned me in this case was the fact that it was a tiny loop, which doesn't just usually hang off for no reason, but we'll see what the new one looks like.

You know, I tried them on a few times before I sent them back for a 30x32 and every time I would have another piece of orange thread fall out
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,846
Reaction score
18,225
That's just the Nudie construction, which is not as good as some of the Japanese brands. No biggie though. Your jeans are not going to come apart (I have 4 pairs, and none of them have self destructed, yet...)
 

denimaddict

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
346
Reaction score
5
soooo... do you have to send the damaged pair back???? or have you scored two pairs of jeans???
 

DGP

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,100
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by denimaddict
soooo... do you have to send the damaged pair back???? or have you scored two pairs of jeans???


I have to send the damaged ones back, but they are shipping me the new ones first, which is good, that way I can make sure they fit perfectly (which I don't doubt, but wanna make certain).
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
same thing happened to me. (see 'what idiots' thread posted b4 i saw this)

ok i am on the phone as i type this, with their custome service - they are offering me 30% or an exchange. Take teh 30% right????? I mean it's just an N. Maybe I can clean the patch completely. Some of you take out the stitching this would be my way of de-identitizing them. Yes I made that word up.

Ok so advice quickly!!!! 30% off or nice bright orange "n"???

I'm leaning to 30% off, I,m sure i can live with a blank patch. I love the blank 5ep patches. What erks me is that that's not what Nudie intended the pathc look like.



*I hung up and said I'd call back with my decision - I wanna try them on to see the fit 1st*
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
same thing happened to me. (see 'what idiots' thread posted b4 i saw this)

ok i am on the phone as i type this, with their custome service - they are offering me 30% or an exchange. Take teh 30% right????? I mean it's just an N. Maybe I can clean the patch completely. Some of you take out the stitching this would be my way of de-identitizing them. Yes I made that word up.

Ok so advice quickly!!!! 30% off or nice bright orange "n"???

I'm leaning to 30% off, I,m sure i can live with a blank patch. I love the blank 5ep patches. What erks me is that that's not what Nudie intended the pathc look like.



*I hung up and said I'd call back with my decision - I wanna try them on to see the fit 1st*


I'd go fot the 30% myself.
 

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
3,246
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by skalogre
I'd go fot the 30% myself.
Me too. But then again, I'd probably be taking the pocket stitching out too had I a pair of Nudies.
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Me too. But then again, I'd probably be taking the pocket stitching out too had I a pair of Nudies.

+1
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
yea i went for the 30% i think that was decent of them. i advised them that this seems to be an ongoing prob and they said they'd take care of it. I give the overall revolve experience a B-. would of been lower but i think they own and make up for their mistakes, can't knock them for that.

if anyone's curious about my patch, here it is:



should i just scrub it all off? it looks kinda off to me. :-/
 

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
69
id take the patch off completly. is it real leather? maybe sandpaper it till it gets a nice soft feel to it.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 234 32.0%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 66 9.0%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 46 6.3%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 15 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 46 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,549
Messages
9,219,657
Members
193,558
Latest member
cuvniojihon
Top