• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just lost a lot of weight looking for style, color advice T's casual shirts etc..

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
I did read in the other thread your feet are like a 12E
Thats 12 4E
tounge.gif
Originally Posted by Brutus
that seems kind of long and wide for a 5'9" thin person.
frown.gif
You know what they say about those with big feet...you drive a big truck and have a small penis but if you lose the weight it will grow (so I'm told). I suggest you join the skinny club...more benefits than one!

Heh can't say that analogy always holds true, I drive a Honda not a big Truck, I have no shortcomings to make up for
tounge.gif

jschenkkan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by photofabix
Hence why I'm looking for suggestions, lol, the AE polo I got marked down for $12.99 at TJ Max, I wasn't exactly trying to go for a frat look. Thanks for your suggestions and the others above, it gives me a bit more to go on.

that, too, is something you should avoid-- purchasing something simply because it's a good deal. i'm not saying that you shouldn't buy clothing that is a good deal, but buying something that is cheap simply because it's cheap is never a good decision.

i would say that it's time for you to start investing in nicer, better made pieces, but since you seem to be unsure whether or not you will lose more weight, it seems silly to go and purchase a bunch of clothes that may not fit you in a month, two months, or even six months.

if i were in your position, I would focus your efforts now on researching looks that appeal to you, trying on clothing in stores, and reading about fashion a little more while you continue to work on your body, and by the time you reach your ideal body weight, you'll have a lot more information to go on.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm similar to this guy-- 5'8.5, 160lbs. I usually wear size 30 jeans. If he usually wears 36, I suspect he could lose a little more weight around the middle.

And I'm, 11.5EE, which is strongly limiting as far as footwear options.

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

And I'm, 11.5EE, which is strongly limiting as far as footwear options.

Limiting to say the least, for years all I could find was New Balance for the street and Florsheim for work, neither of which I ever lked but bought out of necessity.

Lately it seems a few more manufactures are realizing there are people out there that don't have a D width. For casual I've found Clarks, for street there is Sketchers online they sell extra wide, Asics makes a few extra wide cross trainers. Several running shoes as well (Asics, Brooks, Saucony) I just don't like the running shoe look very much.

photofabix

Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone again for there suggestions, I went ahead and got one AA 2001 tee in Navy size large from ebay. I would of got more, but I want to see how it fit's first, hard to tell if I should get a medium or a large. I spoke to an AA rep and they said to stick with a large as they run small and shrink quit a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads