• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just listed- Prada Boots (3 pr), sz. 9 1/2

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Just listed on eBay.

Other than a small amount of tread wear at the toes and heals, all three pair are in really great shape (nearly identical amount of wear on each). They are all size US 9 1/2.

I've given each of the three listings a low starting price of just $45.

Check 'em out.

In Black:

PradaBoots-Black2way.jpg

PradaBoots-blackside.jpg

Listed here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:LCA:US:1123

In Brown:

PradaBoots-brown2way.jpg

PradaBoots-brown3qtr.jpg

They're listed here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:LCA:US:1123

And In "Pony Fur":

Try as I might, I just couldn't get these boots to photograph well. They look WAY better in person. And they're not at all two-tone as they appear here. The change in direction of the nap of the fur caused the reflected light to create the illusion of two different colors...They really are the same exact beige color all over.

PradaBoots-PonyFur2way.jpg

PradaBoots-PonyFurside.jpg

PradaBoots-PonyFurlogo.jpg

To give you an accurate idea of the tread wear. There's just enough worn from the heal to wear off the "R" and the "A"...but the "P, D, and A" are still intact.
PradaBoots-PonyFurBottomstight.jpg

They're listed Here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...cSELL.m315.lVI

Thanks for looking...

Dennis

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I'm assuming that you're kidding (especially considering the amount of your experience in this forum)...

But just in case:

No it is definitely not pony. In fact I imagine there might be laws against that. "Pony fur" is just an expression that's widely used when refering to this sort of treatment. It's actually cow.

Dennis

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bummer. my little sister always wanted a pony, and she has big feet for a girl.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
I'm assuming that you're kidding (especially considering the amount of your experience in this forum)...

But just in case:

No it is definitely not pony. In fact I imagine there might be laws against that. "Pony fur" is just an expression that's widely used when refering to this sort of treatment. It's actually cow.

Dennis

You are kidding right? My Ferragamo pony hair belt does say on the inside and in the box its made of pony hair and not cow hair.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
With respect to Joel_Cairo.... Now I stand corrected.

I had no idea that "Pony Fur" can be made from real pony.

According to the Fur Commision site:

Pony used for fur comes from wild ponies, mostly from the former USSR and Poland. Other pony comes from Siberia, Mongolia, Denmark, and South America. The best pony may have a moirÃ
00a9.png
pattern similar to broadtail, in which case the pattern should be uniform.

As for this pair...I can't find any identifying marks that offer a clue as to the source of this "Pony Fur."

Dennis

beasty

Reaction score

I had no idea that "Pony Fur" can be made from real pony.

Pony used for fur comes from wild ponies, mostly from the former USSR and Poland. Other pony comes from Siberia, Mongolia, Denmark, and South America. The best pony may have a moirÃ
00a9.png

As for this pair...I can't find any identifying marks that offer a clue as to the source of this "Pony Fur."

Dennis

The brand Prada is my mark of proof of the highest quality possible.

lithium180

Reaction score

00a9.png

Dennis

Sing it now, "One of these countries is not like the others, one of these countries is..."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads