• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just had to share it

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I made a deal with the kid ...get straight A's all year in the tough new school and you get a puppy of your choice... Kid came through. Bribery is an effective parenting technique. Puppy Love

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very nice, and she looks happy with the deal.

(you might want to keep the new vass shoes away from the puppy, though....)

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awww......very cute.

I'll remember the bribery technique in the years to come.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The vass shoes are on the top shelf of the closet :)

PHV

Reaction score
When I was like 10, to get a Sega, I had to get straight As, my purple belt in Karate, and have the Bach A minor concerto learned and memorized, all before April (deal was made in September). Well, I don't think I ever used it by the time I was 12. Parents 1 me 0.

Agreeable

Reaction score
When I was like 10, to get a Sega, I had to get straight As, my purple belt in Karate, and have the Bach A minor concerto learned and memorized, all before April (deal was made in September). Well, I don't think I ever used it by the time I was 12. Parents 1 me 0.
zzzz...boring

Lindsay

Reaction score
(PHV @ June 30 2005,08:27) When I was like 10, to get a Sega, I had to get straight As, my purple belt in Karate, and have the Bach A minor concerto learned and memorized, all before April (deal was made in September). Well, I don't think I ever used it by the time I was 12. Parents 1 me 0.
zzzz...boring
That's a pretty "disagreeable" post

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
agreeable = agressive? did we just find our troll?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Agreeable = the recently banned "arrogant", but since he's ranking on his good buddy PHV I'll let him stay a while.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sounds like a good investment on your parents side. I have been using bribary to toilet train my son, but I hadn't thought about when it will end, or not.
wow.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That dog is not very trad.

Actually, it is very cute and I'm very picky about dogs.

What's a trad dog anyway? I believe Horace can weigh in on the subject.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trad dog..... frankly, while I suppose I'm fairly trad it is not a 'planned' thing, it just kinda happens in summertime.

As to the pooch... she's a Cavalier king Charles ... which is way too much name for a toy version of a Cocker Spaniel really.

Thus far an excellent pooch. Unintentionally troublesome when wide awake but sleeping at my feet the rest of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads