• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got this Ermenegildo Zegna from Sartorial Solutions

GMF

Reaction score
This fabric has the absolute softest hand I've ever felt. And the level of hand work is phenomenal. Literally every exposed seam on the jacket is done by hand. Collar hand sewn. Real horn buttons. What does a jacket like this from Zegna retail for?
mainpic.jpg

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would sell for around $1500, depending on the cloth. I think they make really nice stuff, and if I can't wait for a custom garment to be made, I'll get one from Zegna.

--Andre

xarope

Reaction score
Very nice, I'm waiting for the next fabric sales (August/September?) at Zegna to get my next MTM suit done.

tricket

Reaction score
Wow. Nice One. I am also thinking of buying from the same seller? How do you rate his products and services?

Thanks.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chuck is highly recommended. I've bought a boatload from him (quite literally, well almost).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yeah another Chuck recommendation. Ive bought from him, had some shipping issues that were certainly not his fault (when in doubt, blame Vietnam) and he happily put everything right.

Ive just (literally just) bought four of his clearance ties from him for 60 bucks a pop - really looking forward to getting them having been on this board listening to rave reviews for a year and a half. At 60 bucks they are quite the bargain...

GMF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricket
Wow. Nice One. I am also thinking of buying from the same seller? How do you rate his products and services?
The jacket arrived cleaned and pressed. It was in plastic and hung in a suit box. The best packaging I've seen from any ebay seller of men's suits/jackets. I will surely be a repeat customer.
smile.gif
Here's the website: http://www.sartorialsolutions.com/

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a stellar jacket! Zegna often gets short shrift on this forum. "Popularity" aside, I don't get it. From what I've seen, given the same fabric and similarly physique-flattering silhouette I cannot think of a reason to choose one of the marques more favored here (such as Isaia or Brioni) over any Zegna. Or at least any Zegna that's not from their junk line du jour ("Soft," "Sport," "Z," and so on.)

I have an MTM jacket (Zegna Su Misura) in what appears to be that same fabric. Styling is different; mine has a ticket pocket and shoulders based on their Neapolitan block, whereas this jacket is clearly from their main line. The great thing about Super 150's (15milmil15) is that the patterns can be much richer and deeper than Super 100's. The jacket gains more layers of complexity as one steps closer to it. And it is an incredibly soft fabric that just doesn't wrinkle; I've thrown mine haphazardly in a suitcase and found it ready to wear after 10 minutes worth of hanging in the hotel bathroom as I showered.

I bought it (I think) four years ago. If memory serves, I paid a little under 2000EUR for it, which at the time was about $1800 and is now more like $2700. (That figure includes VAT, which was later refunded, and was a "trunk sale" price.) Based on that, and considering that Zegna prices in general are higher in the US than in Europe, I'd bump Andre Yew's estimate up by about $400, though he's right in that anyone who was willing to wait for a sale could have easily picked it up for $1500-1600 new.

If you don't wish to answer that's fine, but I am curious: how much does a fine jacket like that from a seller of premier reputation (I assume, given the tenor of other's comments and its proprietors' continued welcomed participation here, having never bought from them) go for on eBay?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Used = $250 - $300, NWT = $400ish, maybe more if the seller is willing to relist for several months.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also bought a Zegna 15 milmil from another ebay seller. I agree with everything you said about the feel and construction. I love the jacket! I think it is pretty much the equal of the more reputed brands. And, I would still buy those other brands too (Brioni, Oxxford, ...).

GMF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
If you don't wish to answer that's fine, but I am curious: how much does a fine jacket like that from a seller of premier reputation (I assume, given the tenor of other's comments and its proprietors' continued welcomed participation here, having never bought from them) go for on eBay?
I paid $149.00 plus $19.50 shipping. Not bad, eh?
smile.gif
And BTW, despite the way the jacket is shown in the photo with the top button buttoned, it is actually a 3 roll 2 design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads