• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got some Levi's 501 STF at JCPennys

tianh

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a high school student and pretty been wearing cheap mervyn jeans my whole life. I just bought some of these jeans because I liked the color and they were super cheap. Ive been reading some threads pointing out that I should soak them? I asked some of my friends and they tell me that I should not soak at all and just wear em.

What does soaking do? Should I soak and will I lose any of the color or stiffness of the jeans? I would appreciate any help on this
smile.gif

Thanks!

bimmernate

Reaction score
I suppose that reading that thread would help but its long. I dont soak. Ive heard ppl like the ocean though...

Doppler4000

Reaction score
If these jeans are ever going to see water, you should at least put them in a cold tub and let them dry, or dry on you if you like getting your skin all blue, before regular wearing. You will see dye bleeding out but they will still be very dark.

What's the point of wearing jeans and breaking them in if the size and the way they fit your body is going to totally change the first time they get wet? Remember dude, they're just jeans.... do whatever you want and learn something and you can always get another pair at that low price if you want to try again.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hope you sized up... they'll shrink ~2" (or more) in the inseam

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads