• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got some Ferragamo Sguardos and Zegna loafers, good finds?

coolal

Reaction score
So I hope I can finally attribute my first real ebay find to the knowledge I gained from this board and AAAC.

I noticed these nice cap toe oxfords today and also noticed the stitched in gray label saying Salvatore Ferragamo. That immediately clued me into the teramezza line even though it wasn't mentioned once in the post.

What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360123017439

I paid $255, seller claims New In Box

The second acquisition was a pair of brown Ermenegildo Zegna loafers. The only red flag I knew to look out for from the forum was "Z Zegna" products, of which i hope this is not one. I wouldn't call this anywhere near the steal above, but still seamed like a great price.

What's the verdict the quality of this shoe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220268523991

I paid $235, seller claims brand new.

Thanks,
Alex

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SF's are a nice deal considering they are Tramezza line which they appear to be. They are an attractive Cap Toe Bal.

The Zegna's on the other hand are just bad (without being offensive), and you paid quite a bit of $ for those. Definately a loss there.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Are the SF shoes Tramezza? If not, then I'd say you got an okay deal - not great. If they are, you got a ncie deal. On the second pair, it's an okay deal. But, if it's exactly the shoe you're looking for, then it's a nice deal.

coolal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Congrats. Are the SF shoes Tramezza? If not, then I'd say you got an okay deal - not great. If they are, you got a ncie deal. On the second pair, it's an okay deal. But, if it's exactly the shoe you're looking for, then it's a nice deal.
I'm nearly positive the SF shoes are Tramezza given the stitched in label and the Sguardo model. I needed some new casual loafers to dress up jeans and a sport coat, hence the Zegnas. So look wise they perfectly fit the bill, I'm curious on the build though and which model line. (Ideally who made them) Thanks for the comments guys!

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The zegnas are ok at best. the ferragamos are nice. You saved some money but I have seen some better deals. Overall you should be happy with your purchases
smile.gif

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the sguardos i also got at the same price, from the same seller. the picture they show is actually wrong, they show the mainline or studio version. what you'll get in the mail are actually dark brown shoes (not burgundy like shown), and they'll be much nicer. congrats!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Tramezza are great for that price (and the seller is great too).

coolal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
the sguardos i also got at the same price, from the same seller. the picture they show is actually wrong, they show the mainline or studio version. what you'll get in the mail are actually dark brown shoes (not burgundy like shown), and they'll be much nicer. congrats!

Originally Posted by EL72
The Tramezza are great for that price (and the seller is great too).

Thanks for the vote of confidence you guys! I'm glad to hear this seller is good, I really like his selection.

These are the shoes I was looking forward to taking care of. One question, do Tramezza's tend to run small or large?

Thanks,
Alex

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolal
Thanks for the vote of confidence you guys! I'm glad to hear this seller is good, I really like his selection.

These are the shoes I was looking forward to taking care of. One question, do Tramezza's tend to run small or large?

Thanks,
Alex

the vamp is very low, so it may be a bit tight at first if you're not used to more sleek models. for me, the lasts i would say are also a tad on the skinny side (compared to C&J, AE).

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of Tramezzas and I find them to all run true to size.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolal

Thanks,
Alex

They are built on a very narrow last. I wear a D in every shoe under the sun, but always find the D in Tramezza to be on the narrow size, so I size up 1/2 size and that seems to work for me.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka